Overpaid for poor Installation (whatdo?)

I see you didn't read my second post in this thread......

Be it poor wording or else' date=' my take on this subject is that when you get into something like car audio, learn how to install shit yourself. It'll save you from headaches.
I'm really into video games. Should I go build my own console? Just because someone doesn't know how to install doesn't mean that can't enjoy it. To be honest, I'm 608 certified and was terrified to do my own installs first. I work around electricity, gas, fire and power tools all day and still was scared to **** something up in my car. So, however you try to word it I will disagree with your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really into video games. Should I go build my own console?
I'm talking about installing things. And yes, if you can't plug an Xbox 360 into a wall outlet and the RCA's into the TV, you should not be into video games either.

I've never had problems with my shop personally, and I've only known of one person who had a bad experience there.

Once she found out what happened, she immedietly went to Yelp and wrote a HORRIBLE review of the facility before even attempting to contact the manager. Of course once they talked, everything was fine and dandy... but its an example of how patience can be beneficial.

If the facility has any shred of legitimacy, it will make things right. Just give them a chance, and speak with a manager... not a clerk. Don't let them push you around, but don't be rude.

that *****, im from madtown wi and i havnt had any.good experiences with any shops in the area except Rax in Jainsville Wi. I wouldn't purchase equipment from there tho. but his installs are nice. if i were you call and try to get a refund, do whatever is in your power. words can do so much for you. if you get a refund start over. use the internet and attempt to learn to install yourself.
any experience with installs from AMS?

Also forgot to mention that he told me the reason for the hiss wasnt only due to an under-powered amp but also that my signal is analog and not digital.
the hiss is improper gain settings. properly set up analog systems can be noise-free. note that the stock head unit volume should be set and optimized, then use the BitTen volume from there. Turning down the stock volume too low then running optimization will cause hiss.

Your amp can be plenty. Just have the correct crossovers installed (make sure they are not buried inside doors) and then talk to the owner politely about who in their shop is competent at tuning.

yes sir, over priced products with sales associates that tell obvious lies to your face about their equipment and its quality. two years ago i got some hertz comps installed from them, they used crappy 20 gauge wire and the crimps fell off the speaker in two months. there part of the reason i started doing my own installs. i still go in there every now and then for small stuff. Jeremy is a good guy though and hes helped me a few times for free before.

yes sir, over priced products with sales associates that tell obvious lies to your face about their equipment and its quality. two years ago i got some hertz comps installed from them, they used crappy 20 gauge wire and the crimps fell off the speaker in two months. there part of the reason i started doing my own installs. i still go in there every now and then for small stuff. Jeremy is a good guy though and hes helped me a few times for free before.

they used crappy 20 gauge wire and the crimps fell off the speaker in two months. there part of the reason i started doing my own installs.
......and you disliked my post. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/silly.gif.3549b64aaa5b6729eb8e865319a3234f.gif

I learned after paying 5000 on my first system in 1994. In reallity I maybe had 2000 in equipment then got "serviced" on installation and wire all the stuff shops make tere moneyon. I then went to work for said shop for awhile till I went into Electrical field. Fast forward 10 years I paid for an install of a HU in my Mini that I had to do in there shop bc they couldnt figure out 1) the dash removal 2) The fact that I did not want to buy the $200 harness when all it would do is keep my chimes and bells. I would have installed at home but was released from Hospital that same morning did not feel like working on car while on Good pain meds but got to pay a credible shop to let me do it anyway.

I try to keep relationships with the local shops for the shear fact that it comes in andy to be bale to bounce ideas or pick up some small stuff or warranty stuff without paying the overhead myself. One thing that a shop has that you will never get on line is the extra customer service or knowledge. We had a sign in the proshop I ran for bowling that read " I will match online prices, but doing so I will match the service and support they also offer. So customers didnt mind paying a couple dollars more for a product.

......and you disliked my post. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/silly.gif.3549b64aaa5b6729eb8e865319a3234f.gif
i partly agree with you, but i dont feel if you dont know how to install you cant enjoy subwoofers.

sounds like the shop was in a hurry to install. I would go there and tell them to do it all over again and refund the labor cost completely. and also tell them that a review is being written and will be published about their install and sales practices.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.