Overall System Installation Evaluation and Feedback Requested

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigDave4
10+ year member

Contstant Lurker
DFW, TX
I am going to be upgrading my system in two steps in the next 3-4 months. I'm in a 2004 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew. Please feel free to provide any and all feedback on this setup. If there are better products/methods, I would love to know. Aside from the items in the current setup, the Germs and the MD22, I have not purchased the rest yet. Sorry for all the detail. I figured the more I provided the better.

Current Setup

4 Gauge from Battery to Amps mounted on the back wall of the cab. Amps Grounded with 4 Gauge to back wall of cab.

Stinger SPD813 Power Distribution Block. This takes my 4 Gauge Power and provides me with Four 8 GA Outputs

HU: Alpine 9815

Two Amps:

Kicker KX400.1

PG TANTRUM 600.4

Speakers:

Front Stage:
PowerBass S-6C
(Powered by PG)
Rear Fill:
PowerBass S-652
(Powered by PG - Using Fader to restrict the signal to rear fill)
Sub:
JL Audio Stealthbox
with 10W3v3 wired 4 ohms (Powered by KX400.1)
Installation Upgrades:

Optima Yellow Top or Kinetik Batttery

Intermediate Setup (Installing in the next two-three weeks):

HU: Alpine 9815

Two Amps:

US Amps MD22
Kicker KX400.1
Speakers:

Front Stage:
Rainbow CS 265.25 Germanium
(Powered by MD22)
Rear Fill:
PowerBass S-652
(Powered from HU)
Sub: JL Audio Stealthbox with 10W3v3 wired 4 ohms (Powered by KX400.1)
Installation Upgrades:

Add
Elemental Designs eDead v1SE²
to Front Doors and Rear Wall of cab
Big 3 Upgrade 1/0 gauge from knukonceptz ANL fuse holder item #FH-20 with the 250 Amp ANL Fuse Item # ANL250. 5 Gold Plated 1/0 Ring Terminal - Black Item # RT1/0516BK
Upgrade Stinger SPD813 to
KonFUSED 3 Way Distribution System

Run 4 Gauge Power from Battery In, use the 4 Gauge out to the MD22 and the 8 Guage out to the Kicker.
I need to figure out the fuse configuration for this. It accepts three fuses from 30A to 150A per circuit.
Replace Speaker Wire from Amps to all Speakers. 10 Gauge all the way around.
Not decided on brand/model yet. Recommendations are welcome.
Final Setup (Installing in March/April)

HU: Something Double Din with NAV/DVD/iPod. Leaning toward the Alpine IVA-W200 (http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=IVA-W200)

Two Amps:

US Amps MD22
New Sub Amp. Likely a US Amps. Leaning toward the US Amps MD1D or MD2D if the JL 10W3v3 can handle the power from the MD2D. Researching that with Flacko (US Amps Guy) now.
Speakers:

Front Stage:
Rainbow CS 265.25 Germanium
(Powered by MD22)
Rear Fill:
Rainbow SL 165
(Powered from HU)
Sub: JL Audio Stealthbox with 10W3v3 wired 4 ohms (Powered by either MD1D or MD2D)
Installation Upgrades:

Add
Elemental Designs eDead v1SE²
to Rear Doors
Replace RCAs from HU to Amps.
Not decided on brand/model yet. Recommendations are welcome.
Thinking of adding another battery, but I am
not sure if it is necessary

Anyone? If I posted to the wrong place, please let me know and I will move or delete it and put it where it belongs.

Thanks,

Dave

Why not just wait till March / April, and get something even better?

I would spend less on rear fill, and more on the front stage [if there is something better]. Or spend it elsewhere.

And for your RCAs etc.. http://www.knukonceptz.com

Check out the Klarity, or even Eks if you got that kind of money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I am about at my budget on the front stage components. The Germs are pretty **** nice from what I understand. There may be better ones out there, but I am not sure there are for what I paid for these.

Thanks for the RCA recommendation. I was wondering which RCAs on the KnuKonceptz site were the ones that people go with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.