Overall install help/planing

Participant count
  • Participant list

justice66
10+ year member

Hello everyone,

Im gathering everything I need to begin my install. I just need some help getting the last few pieces together and I also need some opinions. I will list everything I have so far.

Headunit: Clarion CZ702 (buying unless someone can suggest something better for the price)

Front midrange: 4 SQ QP-MR6.5s (2 in each front door)

Front tweeters: 2 SQ QP-TH25s (1 per door)

Mids Amp: Eclipse 36401 for the 4 6.5s

Tweeter Amp: need

Subwoofers: 8 10" VVME RD-10s

Subwoofer amp: Pure Audio 3000.1

Things I need:

3 sets of RCAs

Speaker wire

a HO alt for a 01 civic aerodeck D14Z4 motor (can not find anywhere)

Batteries should be getting taken car of.

So my questions are:

Do I need a dedicated amp for the tweeters or can they be ran off the headunit? Also what amp would you suggest? If anyone has a matching Eclipse amp let me know.

Do I need an EQ between the headunit and the amps? If so what should I be looking for?

I have had many systems in the past but they were always about SPL never about sounding good or even decent. I always care about bass over anything else. My last systems was 3 XFL 15s on a AQ3500.1 @.66 with stock highs and mids. So it was pretty much just Bass. This time around I want something loud but also having some high and mids that I can hear.

I am open to suggestions so please feel free to offer advice and criticism. Thank you for any help.

-Jon

So I figured I would update this post since I have answered a few question but still have some.

I have ordered a new headunit the Clarion CZ702.

I have ordered RCAs from Sky High

I have also ordered my speaker wire from Sky high thank you to the guy who suggested it.

I will be running the super tweeters off my headunit at first to see if I need to get a separate amp for them.

Now my question is Do I need an EQ between the headunit and the amps? If so what should I be looking for? Every time I get a demo from someone they always have a EQ up front. I have never used one and I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not. any help is appreciated.

Now my question is Do I need an EQ between the headunit and the amps? If so what should I be looking for? Every time I get a demo from someone they always have a EQ up front. I have never used one and I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not. any help is appreciated.
I think it is mostly your personal preference, if you are going for as clean of a sound as possible, it might be worth it, if you get a high enough quality EQ, you should be able to give your amp a very clean signal. The cleaner the signal that the amp receives, the cleaner the amped signal will be when it comes out the output. Personally, i don't find them necessary unless you are having problems with quality. That being said, it seems like you are putting a lot of time, money, and effort into making your system sound superb, which makes me think the extra EQ would be worth it in the end, much more control over your sound. i would reccomend something from AudioControl, i have never personally owned one but i have heard very good things about them try THIS

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

justice66

10+ year member
justice66
Naples, Italy
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from