can i use 14 gauge primary wire for speaker wire?

Participant count
  • Participant list

justice66
10+ year member

So I was shopping around from some speaker wire and I found that I can get 6 100ft rolls of 14 gauge primary wire for $40 shipped which is cheaper then any speaker wire I have found. I would also have more uses for all the extra.

I have used stingers speed wire/9 wire in the past with out issue and it appears to be similar.

So I was shopping around from some speaker wire and I found that I can get 6 100ft rolls of 14 gauge primary wire for $40 shipped which is cheaper then any speaker wire I have found. I would also have more uses for all the extra.
I have used stingers speed wire/9 wire in the past with out issue and it appears to be similar.
CCA

Speaker Wire 14 AWG CCA 400ft Spool - Sky High Car Audio - SSA STORE

OFC primary

Sky High Car Audio OFC 14 Gauge Primary Wire- 500ft Spool | Xplicit Audio

OFC pos and neg

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/speaker-wire-14-awg-ofc-400ft-spool-sky-high-car-audio.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the responses and taking the time to attach the links. The cca wire is budget friendly.

And as far as keeping the wires indentified it is 6 different coloered 100ft spools (600ft total)so it would work out fine. Thank again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the responses and taking the time to attach the links. The cca wire is budget friendly.And as far as keeping the wires indentified it is 6 different coloered 100ft spool so it would work outfine. Thank again.
just added another link.

yeah i'd get the other choices before paying 40 dollars for one 100 feet spool of primary wire which i'm guessing should be ofc with that kind of pricing, if its not then its a complete rip off.

While the others have basically double the run. 50 dollars for 400 feet CCA or $120 for 400 feet pure copper. You can split that into two and get 400 feet of white and 400 feet of blue primary if you want. Price is way better IMO. With the money you save, you can even jump up to 12 gauge if you want.

Thank you for the responses and taking the time to attach the links. The cca wire is budget friendly.And as far as keeping the wires indentified it is 6 different coloered 100ft spools (600ft total)so it would work out fine. Thank again.
You must be talking about that audiopipe wire on eBay. Don't waste your money.

Where did you find this deal? What brand is the wire?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.