Out the scene for years. Sub recco to replace 12w6v2?

This is very hypocritical of me of all people to say but...if it ain’t broke don’t fix it ya digg!?
Well he did mention that he wants more SPL. Lets help him get there.
A single x12 on some good power, like 2500 if you can manage, will get you your desired low bass...and then some.
A few reasons I want to change. The APCL 1500.1 was gifted to me and has more power and is probably more efficient than the old but proud Orion, and I'd like to take advantage of that. I've had the JL forever and it's going to need the surround replaced again soon. TBH I kind of just want something different.

I had a g35 and the trunk was small very shallow I can’t imagine yours being much bigger. I would look into a 10” x10
Have a look at the Zenclosures box, and think a few inches deeper (flush to the back of the wheel wells), and flush against the back seat instead of the simple angle from top to bottom.

Have a look at the Zenclosures box, and think a few inches deeper (flush to the back of the wheel wells), and flush against the back seat instead of the simple angle from top to bottom.

I understand wanting new stuff believe me I do. I wouldn’t put any of the subs you mentioned in that box or any prefab box for that matter. Good subs require well built boxes to spec esp an x10 or dd 3500 or you’re just waisting your money.

Thing is I don't want to use any more trunk space or put in additional batteries, or alternator. I have a 140 amp alternator and a 35 series AGM battery. I'm leaning toward the sundown line, SA-12 or X-12.

don't u think 1300 is enough to power 1 x 12 pretty well?, i thought it would need more power but since u running like 850 per 15 (less than i have to my 12) i thought 1300 would be enough..
X series subs are rated for 1250 rms, for version 1. 2nd version is rated for 1500 rms. X series are vastly underrated. Seen people put 3x the rated power on each. I myself am running a 1 ohm load, so I'm running more than 850 per sub.

Thing is I don't want to use any more trunk space or put in additional batteries, or alternator. I have a 140 amp alternator and a 35 series AGM battery. I'm leaning toward the sundown line, SA-12 or X-12.
If you do get another amp, make sure they are strappable 1st, then you have to do something to your electrical. There's no way around it. It takes power to make power. Can't run 2 amps on stock electrical.

X series are vastly underrated. Seen people put 3x the rated power on each. I myself am running a 1 ohm load, so I'm running more than 850 per sub.
Good lord. Why are the so underrated? How is that tuned?

Was gonna say two used SA-12s until I made it to this post. You'd need four cubes but would wang.

X series subs are rated for 1250 rms, for version 1. 2nd version is rated for 1500 rms. X series are vastly underrated. Seen people put 3x the rated power on each. I myself am running a 1 ohm load, so I'm running more than 850 per sub.
how? didn't your amp test at 1700?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.