Out of the loop 13 years, trying to match setup/what happened to RE?

thigpen

10+ year member
Dec 6, 2005
richmond, VA
Alright, when I got my first ride when I was 18 I did a bunch of research here before buying my setup. I ended up with 2 12" Resonant Engineering SE's with a 1200 rms RE amp powering them, which I got super cheap when we did a group order through here as a forum. I did some research just now and it doesn't really look like anyone sells the RE's anymore, even in their new SEX line, is there anyone comparable to look into/ what happened to RE? everyone on here was really high on them back in the day.

Also, i had a JL audio 300/2 amp that i used for my front component speakers. the amp actually still works great 13 years later, and I want another one, but it appears they changed their line as well. If anyone could point me to their closest current model amp with around the same rms to a pair of front components thatd be great.

I know my terminology is loose, thanks for bearing with me.

PPVtahoe11

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Aug 13, 2018
RE is old news. Get a pair of sundown SA 12s on a 2k amp and you will be happy. Don’t get a prefab box. Get a nice box made that’s like at least 2.5cubes per woofer. JL still makes nice stuff 

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Id snagg up a pair of XFLs( American Bass) place those in 4.0Cu Ft minimum @32 htz -35 htz and throw a SoundQubed Mono Block those and run that JL up front(Great amp)

https://soundqubed.com/product/s1-2250/

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/american-bass-xfl-12-inch-1000w-rms-dvc-subwoofer.html You may be able to shop around and find a much better deal on the 12s

the 10s get down in [email protected] 32htz. Ive never had any issues with XFLs..Didnt care for the SAs 12s ive ran.Didnt get what I wanted out of them building several enclosures.Went to XFLs and never looked back for the $. Get your supply /power supply in tact for the demand and enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: denim

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
After the sold deal to US Amps deal, their quality went downward quite fast. RE was the shit and everyone rode that bandwagon while it lasted. I used to run 4 10's SE series for about 7-8 yrs straight and sold them...

003.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: audiobaun

audioholic

not a moderator
10+ year member
Aug 31, 2003
Parts Unknown
I still have a couple 2005 RE XXX's and the original xbl^2 XXX 6.5's around here somewhere. Ah the good old days...

Last edited by a moderator:

denim

SSAudio.com
Pro Seller
10+ year member
Oct 16, 2002
SSA HQ East
There are some brands that are still in the same avenue that RE used to be.  Hint hint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds