Ordering wire tomorrow. Missing anything?

91Chevy
10+ year member

Resident Metalhead
Cadence TXA-1000D Amp for subs.

Cadence TXA-3002 Amp for components.

Image Dynamics ID10D4 V.3 x2.

CDT Audio EF-61FG/TW25 Components.

so i'm guessing the 12 gauge is for the comps? 15' sounds a little short to me. of course this depends on the vehicle and amp location. always better to have more than not enough...
x2

It took me a little more than 30 feet for my car ('98 Mustang Coupe, amp in the back) to do both sides.

And 12AWG is a little over kill. 14awg is a cheaper and easier alternative with the same results. The current that comes out of amps runs in a high-voltage AC current, with not too many amps. (Especially not for components) Lower gauge wire will work fine. But if you wanna go big and bulky, go ahead. I'm just saying 14 awg (even 16 awg) will work.

You also want to order more wire than you need. Better to pay an extra $5-10 bucks and have extra than to have to go out and buy more wire or not be able to run the wires easily.

Wtf are you gonna do with 4 feet of power wire?
Center console (where the d-block is gonna be) to under the seats (where the amps will be) is a foot away.

EDIT: Clearing this up. Battery to where my d-block is gonna be is under 10 feet. From there, beneath the seats is a foot away. I have then 15ft to go to my subs from under the seat, which is TONS, and 30feet to go to the components in the doors, plenty.

**** that's a good price...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Kicker amp kits are the ****.... the wire is superb....

I love the stuff...

DSC04437.jpg

DSC04438.jpg

I'll be using the 1/0g kit (parts of it) as well....

DSC01700.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.