Ordering Tomorrow, thoughts ?

BlackNavDown

Thank you for all the info the forum has provided currently. Tomorrow I will be ordering two more Sundown SA12's or two Sundown X 15's and would like your opinion on which to go with as a daily ground pounder setup? My second SCV2000d showed up and would be strapped to run the two 15s for a total of 4k (setup1) or each 2000d would be hooked up at 1ohm on two SA12's each to push around 800 clean watts to each 12 (setup2) which would be ultimately better for daily listening, demoing, local comps. Your opinions will determine my order tomorrow so thank you!

This will be on good electrical as well. Ported or 4th order, have no decided yet but have the room for a big *** box.

if you have the room for the right box, get the 15" i would.

im getting 4- 12" for now.

but down the road im doing 4-15" wall ...

just make sure you have the space for a box for 2-15" if so go for it.

Plenty of room for the box, 15' Navigator is what it's going in. It's not hard to gain match with a dmm so strapping or running both amps separate isnt an issue at all. It's just the debate or four SA12's or the two x15's. This is a daily setup. Multiple music types, ground pounder and the ocational comp/demo fun. I'm thinking 800 per sa 12 in a proper ported 8-10 cube box would bang. Or a 4th order but havnt heard the setup run in one. The two x's would just get a nice ported box and do what they do. I currently have two sa 12s which I'm enjoying just want more and the easier/cheaper route is adding two more. So I'm questioning how the 4sa setup would compare to the 2x's. But tomorrow I'm pulling the trigger, even if it means flipping a coin.

No. Do a 4th order.
If you want a seriously loud setup, do this. Those sundowns love to be in 4th orders. 3:1 ratio, 4 cubes sealed and 12 ported. Tune that to ~45. The 4th's are just too efficient to ignore. A single 12 in a well designed 4th can outdo 2 12's in a ported setup, and take up nearly the same amount of space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.