Ordering from Fi, options, shipping.

I'll tell you what. I really had my heart set on a single 18" build. Everybody that likes systems has two 12s, well unless you're an audiophile. Lol. I really wanted something different.

I really, really like the xcons, but I've already bumped my budget up 3 times for subs alone. I started out planning on two HDS3.12 subs. I wish i would've bumped my amp budget up a few times. Lol. I haven't even started my front stage, and I might end up doing more electrical. So $400 is my hard limit. I'm upgrading from two kicker cvx subs in a cheap prefab sealed box and a kicker 1000.1 amp. I should notice a difference, if I can ever get this build moving.
Do you still have the CVX's? Thought about building a proper box for them? Way cheaper than anything you're planning to do subs wise. They might impress you! I'm sure the output will surprise you (that's unless you don't have them anymore.)

Yeah I still have them. I'm planning on putting them in my mustang for now. I have pretty much settled on the idea of going with the two ab 12s in my blazer. When I get a better amp (twisted sounds) for the blazer I'm going to throw the soundstream in the mustang on those cvx subs.. That's on the back burner because i haven't done any front stage purchases for either car. I don't know what kind of enclosure I'm doing in the mustang. The trunk is so tiny. I might just go as big as I can with a sealed box. I might be able to get 1.5 - 2 cubes per sub in there.

Internal lead if I'm not mistaken is leads between the spiders
That's what I thought as well, but do they even still do floating leads?

Personally I do not like stitched or sandwiched leads. Just more places for things to go wrong and floating leads are much easier to bypass if you do smoke one.

That BTL N2 motor Mazda is selling could also be built up with Sundown NSv2 coils (probably Zv2/v3 coils either). Or Springfield Speaker may have OEM Fi parts to fit. Either way, if you can find someone local who knows what they're doing and can assemble the softparts for you you could put together a nice 18" BTL for a little under 400$

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.