Cab 1600.1 wiring help.

O

I have two DVC 2ohm subs to wire up, but when reading the amp manual it says Use 2x dual 4ohm (Do not use 2x dual 2ohm). Does this mean i bought the wrong subs? Sounds like it to me.
You can wire to 2 ohm mono (series parallel...1200 watts )... or 1/2 ohm mono (parallel)... that amp can do 1/2 ohm with decent electrical... but it's not recommended and won't last...

What subs?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two DVC 2ohm subs to wire up, but when reading the amp manual it says Use 2x dual 4ohm (Do not use 2x dual 2ohm). Does this mean i bought the wrong subs? Sounds like it to me.
it'll work 4 ohm each but u get less power, so yeah u really shoulda bought d4 subs

Ok so does it matter which positive and negstive output i use when i wire them in 2ohm parralel? The manual for this amp is only like 4 pages and alot of missing information.

Ok so does it matter which positive and negstive output i use when i wire them in 2ohm parralel? The manual for this amp is only like 4 pages and alot of missing information.
2 ohm parallel... no, not with your subs... you need to series/parallel them to 2 ohm mono

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, i got my shallows in the fox box now my sa's will be here any minute, those shallows hit much harder in the new ported box. Cab 1600.1 is 1ohm stable so i shouldnt have a problem right?

Yea, i got my shallows in the fox box now my sa's will be here any minute, those shallows hit much harder in the new ported box. Cab 1600.1 is 1ohm stable so i shouldnt have a problem right?
The cab on the shallows... at 1 ohm... correct?... at 1 ohm you're good

Not the CAB on the dual 2 SA's at 1/2 ohm... it'll do it... but won't last long... at 2 ohm (series/paralleled) you will be fine but its not using all the amps power... can you get the dual 4 SA's?

it's 1 ohm stable but u will have to wire those d2's either 2 ohm (u get 1200rms total) or 1/2 ohm much more power but isn't great idea on that amp.. be great idea to see if u could try to send those subs back trade for d4's before u open them..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.