Upgrading to AB HD15 from XFL 15

cbird

I'm selling my XFL and just wanting to swap it out with an HD. I have a 4800.1 VFL amp that I think can push the HD well enough. It doesn't even get warm to the touch right now and all on great electrical. They should have the same cut out size right? My box is a pain to get in and out, usually through the rear seats so I will just get it pulled up enough to swap out from the front hopefully. Any feed back is appreciated!

http://ibb.co/f3PfC6
g1GtX6
fCtwkR
[/img]

I'm selling my XFL and just wanting to swap it out with an HD. I have a 4800.1 VFL amp that I think can push the HD well enough. It doesn't even get warm to the touch right now and all on great electrical. They should have the same cut out size right? My box is a pain to get in and out, usually through the rear seats so I will just get it pulled up enough to swap out from the front hopefully. Any feed back is appreciated!
No where near enough power with that VFL hybrid.

VFL Hybrid 4800.1 is the same as the Ph4000md, just painted different and with a bass knob standard. 1399W Certified. You will want more power on the HD....

Ya I ordered the orion XTR 2500.1 for the HD15. Should be a good match up. Now I just gotta find me a buyer for this XFL and this VFL 4800.1 and I'll be set! I'll let ya'll know when I have all the new goodies hooked up. I'm going to run dual inputs, I have a shurikin in the spare tire well I may move it out if I can make room, and it's on its side at this time as well (I've been told that is safe?) So I need to find some good battery posts, I wish it was screw on posts. A lot more options. And I don't want a terminal for 'screw in' inputs, I want one for lugs. When I run dual inputs, I will need to run an ANL on each line right? I run a 250 right now up front and then before the amp, should I run 250 on each line into the dual? Also, should each amp have it's own ground ran from the frame or is it best to just run a ground from the battery, esp for the dual inputs obviously? I have a skar 80.4 I'm just running it's own ground as well but after I get the right terminals I should just run it from the battery right?

Ya i have to take the box out through the rear seats, it wont come out the trunk which really ***** cuz it just has one quick coat of stain on there and i dont like the color. Im gonna get it out sand it all down really really nice, but a more natural stain on it and like 40 coats of varnish/clear coat... get it looking like it should. i really need to just find a wood worker around here to take it for a day and pay him 20-30$ to make it look immaculate, that would be my best bet really

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.