Options for more midbass

I changed those front and rear settings on the amp to between 9-10 o'clock and can hear a considerable difference for sure. Definitely a great start on getting things sounding better.

The shop set all the settings on the HU and amp, I haven't touched it til today. Should they have known better?

Here are two photos of the crossover setting on the HU. The 'x' photo is what it is set at, and the photo where it looks like a skewed 't' is the only other setting.

I changed those front and rear settings on the amp to between 9-10 o'clock and can hear a considerable difference for sure. Definitely a great start on getting things sounding better.
The shop set all the settings on the HU and amp, I haven't touched it til today. Should they have known better?

Here are two photos of the crossover setting on the HU. The 'x' photo is what it is set at, and the photo where it looks like a skewed 't' is the only other setting.
The should have def. known better. If they didn't adjust the amp after you brought it back to them claiming a lack of midbass you should be looking for a new shop.

Do you know how many sets of outputs your HU has? Typically if a HU has 2 RCA outputs one is designated for mids/highs and the other is for subs. The HU's crossover divides the music frequencies between these outputs. I could not see a crossover frequency in the pics you posted, but could see the diagram. It would be important to know if the crossover is turned on, and to which frequency it is set. If you can adjust it to around 70Hz you should be good. if the HU's crossovers are being used, typically there is no point of using the amp's crossovers as well.

So if you get the HU to crossover the music you can then turn your mid/high amp to full.

Thanks for checking the specs out on the HU, horseman. So pretty much beyond what I did on the amp today it seems like any other changes would have to come with a change of equipment (and in that case it seems the consensus is for a set of comps or 3-ways...)?

And considering the lack of attention by that shop, should I be looking for a new one? There are some shady shops around here and I'd thought that I finally found a solid one...

Thanks for checking the specs out on the HU, horseman. So pretty much beyond what I did on the amp today it seems like any other changes would have to come with a change of equipment (and in that case it seems the consensus is for a set of comps or 3-ways...)?
And considering the lack of attention by that shop, should I be looking for a new one? There are some shady shops around here and I'd thought that I finally found a solid one...
Have you turned off the HU's internal crossovers yet? If the are highpassing at like 150hz from your HU then your mids will not be getting those signals regardless of your amp settings. Try that first before buying any equipment.

Have you turned off the HU's internal crossovers yet? If the are highpassing at like 150hz from your HU then your mids will not be getting those signals regardless of your amp settings. Try that first before buying any equipment.
I haven't done that yet. Would that be in the advanced sound settings on the HU or would I find it elsewhere?

That picture you posted from earlier was an illustration of the HU's crossover frequencies. So I would assume in that menu there would be options to turn it off/adjust.

Look in the manual if possible. If the crossover frequency is set too high the amp won't be receiving the correct range of signals to play. Thus no midbass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.