Opinions?

Phatillusion
5,000+ posts

Banned
My brother wants to hook up a system in his car. He has about 1000-1500 to spend. He is very interested in the MTX 8124 (500 RMS), and I believe he wants the MTX 8100 D to push 2 of those 12's. What do you think of the MTX 8124, and is the 8100D a good matchup, he doesn't necessarily need the brands to be the same. He listens to rap, my system is around the low 140's, and he wants louder. Another question I have is: he has a cheap Jensen HU, do you think he should go with a better HU. Thanks in advance for any info. Peace

If the MTX products sound good to him then go for it. MTX makes overall decent products. It should hit nice and hard for him. As for the Jensen HU, as long as it sounds good to him I'd just keep it. Jensen products aren't very high quality and don't perform like many of the higher end products so I wouldn't expect too much. But for now, if it sounds good keep using it and get your money's worth.

mtx are pretty good. theyre not the best around but they sound pretty nice. i would change the head unit tho. my choices would be:

Panasonic CQ-DFX701U

MOS-FET 4-Channel High-Power Amp

50W x 4 max

$270.00

or

Alpine CDE-7858

MOS-FET Amplifier

45W x 4

$230.00

there are lots of quality subs out there(mtx included). for the money mtx's are hard to beat. my new favorite is fosgates hx2's. they can be pricey. your brother really needs to go to a audio shop and listen. let his ears decide. then it's all about $$. and what kind of sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.