Opinions on this amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

thebread
10+ year member

Well I plan on getting a single 12" RE SEx subwoofer. (600 rms)

I found an ad on craigslist for a directed 750d amp and the guy selling is firm on $75. I've done some research the amp does it's rated 600 watts at 1 ohm, I'm not sure how old the amp is, but it came out in 2006, so I'm going to assume it's 4yrs old.

What I'm not sure of is if the RE can handle more than 600 rms, I don't really intend on overpowering it, but if anyone has a suggestion on an amp that would be better suited for this sub it would be appreciated. I'm looking in the price range of $150 and under. Thanks.

Input on how you think this sub sounds would be appreciated too. thanks

yeah thats what ive heard, i plan on sealing it up, and I'll probably build a ported box for it in the future if its not to my liking, thanks man!

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me if you only want to run around that amount of power. I have not heard a seX yet but The older se's sounded great for the price.

I bought an older 600d for my nephew. It was a few years old when I bought it and it must be getting close to 10 yrs old by now. Still working well and always has. Not sure if the quality of the 750 is the same, but if it is, those seem to be very reliable amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.