Opinions On Stereo Parts.

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 2K
U

Unregistered

Hey everyone, i need help like a baby tring to run.

Ok, i am searching all different amps, woofers, mids heads. I have really been staring at the Kicker Solo Barics L7. But look at the Fast and the Furious, and see the Fully loaded Alpine system. Which i guess doesnt mean ****, but tring to find someplace to give stats on this **** is hard. I look through crutchfield that doesnt have nearly anything that everyone here talks about. I am really lost, every place/book/site, sticks to a certain few brands. Most of the stuff dealing with audio is giberish to me. SO please help me out. I am looking for LOUD, and persise. Love techno and dance, rap everything. I was in a 2001 BMW M3 convertable and fell in love with the STOCK premium sound it had. Please help out as much as possible,

i have been steering towards Those Kickers, an Alpine face (i like blue graphics), not sure what an amp would do other than AMP, mids i am lost, Highs... polk, please help out.

My Price range, depends on the component. Like woofers, for the ones i have been looking at, max is like 250 for each or something, looked at those Alpine Type R/S (whats the difference?) and saw the 150 and was pleased, but good luck drawing me away from the Kickers,

Amp, no more than 300 or so,

Mids? no idea.

Head: 300 or so, unless cool high graphic system, i really dont care for those DVD or displays.

any other Q?

Im bored

Will

SUbCool

PS, i Drive a Taurus SHO :)

PPS: I am not that other Unregistered idiot giong around on this site, i am just lazy.

Dam, do you all not like me or something, Dam help a bro out.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

for your mids i would go with infintiy they sound good. but as for an amp i woudl need to know how much power you need and how you plan on running the subs (what ohm load). get this to me and maybe i can help ya. but eh hu should be fine if thats what you like

I cannot stress enough how good Infinity everything's are. You said you want loud and quick. Well I got the sub for you. Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1. If you are looking for something "louder" than that then you should get the Kicker Solo Barics L7 but they will sound sloppier than the Infinity's. I know that techno songs have pretty quick frequency changes and the Infinity's handle them no problem. I had 2 Kicker Comp VR's and it sounded like someone was talking with their hand over their mouth. They are an all-around great speaker but they really shine when you play songs with a fast beat like in rock or the such when the person is playing the drum. If you get it in a sealed enclosure 1.5-2.0 FT^3 then they will act very quick. If you really want them to be loud then you can do that too. I have heard reports of up to 140-150. You'll probably do a little better with the solo barics but they will not have the sq and they will not be as quick. I can tell you that right now and anyone else will too.

Also, about that amp. I highly recommend the JBL 1200.1 for them. I stress HIGHLY. This is because you get a lot of bang for your buck. This kind of setup is very popular with the Infinity Perfects. It costs roughly 300-500 dollars. (Try to get a good deal on Ebay). But you get good quality 1400 Watts coming out. I think this would be perfect for either the Kicker's or the Perfects's. Get the Rockford Fosgate Punch 200.4 for your components (mids + highs = components). I have one and it is very good.

Oh! And head unit! Definately without a doubt go with the Pioneer DEH-7300. It has everything you need and for about 270 dollars. At least that is what I got it for installed and all. It has a built in equalizer (although it is not as good as one that is separate but it is still very good), it has 3 special graphic pictures (race car, flying bird, and a pretend DB meter (it looks like a DB meter and acts like one but you cannot read the numbers. It kind of looks like a spedometer with the dial and stuff that goes back and forth)). It has pretty much all you asked for.

Hmm... And about the mids and highs you do not have to buy them seperately. 99% of the time people buy them together and it is called a "Component System". Just like the guy before me I recommend the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 or 5.1, whichever fits in your car the best. I recently did a post about why I thought it was good. I'll just repost it here for you:

Definately go with Infinity without a doubt!!! I have the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1, which I got purchase and installed for 350. I hooked it up to an RF Punch 200.4 and let me tell you, it is unbelieveable. You got your highs and mids covered with this one. I does not cost a ton of money either. Oh and *** it is clear. The sound quality is so amazing. You can like hear the guitar strings vibrating back and forth with these speakers. You cannot go wrong with this setup. I speak from experience. I'll have my Dodge Ram's web site up soon so you can look at it from there. Again. Go with the Infinity's. The only thing that comes close is MB Quart Q series and that costs 200 dollars more for the least expensive of the 3 models. Trust me. You get back for the buck. I love them so much. I woke up this morning (Saturday) at 8:00 just to listen to how clear and loud they get. They never ever distort and if they do it is probably the blood coming out of your ears messing up the sound because these can go so loud and do not even show a sign of distorting. It's like when i got Mortal Kombat 2. I have been waking up early ever day just to listen to it. I mean these are so clear and so loud they even put BOSE to shame. If you do not believe me try to find someone that does have them and listen to them for yourself. Dang. I cannot tell you how good they are. Get them. You will not be disappointed!!! Good luck!!!

So there you go. If you get that it will be about 1.5K-2.0K total but I have it now and I love it. It is so versatile. I can do rock, rap, techno, classical and it always sounds like the speakers were tuned exactly to that type of music. I admit that it will not be as loud as some subwoofers but I KNOW that it is louder than most subwoofers. Hey, and good luck.

Wow, Thanks alot.

You seem pretty fixed on infinity.

I cant remember what i wrote before, but this is what i was looking at before.

2 12" Kick L7 or Alpines (not sure what type S/R) whats the diff?

Alpine Face - But saw some cool Awia

Kick or Alpine AMP maybe MTX

Components- no idea.

ANyone disagree w/ arcane ?

Thanks Arcanae - ill look into it.

I like Infinity mids and tweets, they have good co-axles as well.

As for the subs, if you want something you can really crank up and show off to your friends, don't buy the perfect 12's, they just can't handle the abuse. I've hooked 6 x 9's up to sub amps just to watch the little bastards smoke and die, and I had a harder time killing the 6 x 9's then I did with the infinitys, and I wasn't even trying to kill the damded things and they would blow.

The problem with the perfect 10's and 12's is the glue that holds the voice coil to the spider is alot more brittle than other high performance subwoofers and while the perfects sound as pure a driven snow, they will fail if pushed to extremes.

A good subwoofer for both output and quality is the Eclipse 8700 series, they retail for less than the infinitys, need less power to sound good, pound harder and go louder and will put up with a lot more abuse. I have owned both the Infinity perfect 12's and the Eclipse 8700 12's , and I hands down prefer the eclipses.

Heres a couple specks for comparason

one way Xmax(excursion)

Infinity perfect 12- 14.5mm

Eclipse 8700 12- 18.5mm

In lab sensitivity(1 watt at one meter)

Infinity perfect 12- 82db

Eclipse 8700 12- 88.1db

Optimum sealed enclosure

Infinity perfect 12- 1.5 cft

Eclipse 8700 12- 1.0 cft

RMS rating

Infinity perfect-350watts ( they need alot more power than that to sound good though)

Eclipse 8700's-300watts ( the Eclipses will pound hard with 250watts rms but will handle up to 450watts rms)

Look at the Eclipse subs before buying the infinitys.

Ok, im lost,

So what should i get....

i dont know much about audio, give me 3 days ill know all there is, i am just getting into it.

But, so what do i get, for techno and dance and loud.

kicker?

Alpine?

Infinity?

Eclipse

I know eclipse is good for highs and mids.. thats it

Alpine type R or Eclipse 8700's IMO.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Where did you get the Eclipse 8700 Series? Did you get single, or Dual Voice Coil? How much did they cost you?

Well i gues no one is really gonna answer my help. I dont want to get the wrong ****.. i'll see if i can open a new thread.

hey,

Ok i have kicker15 so i can tell you my opion.

If you want to subs id get 2 10" Kicker Solobarics

To Power them go with the JBL 1200.1

Also i own the Pioneer 7300 HU

I reccommend it highly. If you want components to replace your stock speakers. Then i would reccommend Pioneer and ALPINE COMPonents. I know the Infinities sound great but they are way to pricy.

I reccommend http://www.cbrstereo.com to buy your ****. Great prices.

There you go,

Jared

My Eclipse's model #s were 8712.8 SVC, Two 12inch woofers with single voice coils rated at 8ohms each, the 8ohm coils allowed me to parrallel the two subs and still have a 4ohm load. I used a pioneer PRS-X720 that put out 800watts rms at 4ohms, the sub box was a sealed dual 1.25cft with no fiberfill inside.

I paid 300 dollars each up here in canada, which translates into a price of around 175 to 225 american.

As for the dual vc's or the single vc subs, there is no difference in sound, the different coils just give you more wiring options.

Heres a site for more info

http://eclipse-car.freeyellow.com/Subs.htm

This site will give you all the specks and reccomended enclosures.

if you really want good mids and highs the infinities are real good but if you are willing to spend a pretty penny try to find a/d/s or focal the make real real good mid and highs and as for amps I just saw the new fosgate amps can't remember what they are called but theyr'e silver, suppose to be the ****. have you thought of diamond or JL for your subs? and the head unit you are looking at, the alpine, you can't go wrong. the pioneer is a real good deck too it comes down to what you like and that goes for everything, once you get into the addiction of car audio you will find that there are a lot of good combinations just stay away from amps that say 1800 watts for $199 and things like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.