opinions. on SQ subs getting down

lol. its just a dodge . that car has been so mean to me. $1000 a year in front end parts for the last 4 years straight. not to mention some other major fixes that it shouldnt have even had before it hit 60k miles. so no i dont feel bad about hacking that dam thing up. lmao.

i had a ab 150.1 i think the extreme cold here caused it to fail. i drive 10 minutes to and from work so i probably didnt let it warm up when it was in the negatives.

so now i have my old hifonics 3000d on them. i dont have the gain cranked up and the volt either and i installed my volt meter so i play my music accordingly i try not to let it drop under 13 volts.

Hum wonder if the lack of proper electrical killed the AB. That's a really easy way to damage your gear one reason I overdid everything electrical on mine. I bet if you do your electrical right those are going to fkin slam. I was actually going to go with those but I like headway on my amps and didn't want to go over 2500 watts as that would be some serious $$$$$ for the amp.

eh may have may have not. i had to replace my radio this year as well. serpentin belt snapped in half on startup because it was so cold. i thought nmy engine was gonna blow every morning for 4 weeks straight remote start didnt work untill the 5th time everymorning it was so cold. and when it did start my engine was seriously reving like 3000 for 15 minutes straight.

yea well my hearing isnt all that anymore. lol too many years of car audio, shooting guns etc. i shot about 150 rounds out of my .45 glock and my ears rang for days . ever since then i been deaf or " selective hearing as my girls says"
right now my box is pretty much on its last leg.

i am thinking of porting through the already placed hole for a 8 in cub mounted in rear deck of my charger. or modifying the whole rear deck and just cutting it out only leaving metal for the 6*9's

i have stock alt as of now.

and i threw in a new kinetic i got for cheap from a guy at work. doing my big 3 this weekend hopefully, it is finally starting to get warm here it was -20's for weeks last few months.

need a new box for sure. my seats dont fold down so i think that the best way to put my subs would be face them towards rear of car and possibly try to port up through that hole.
I'm having a Box made now for a 2010 Dodge Charger and it's being ported through the rear deck.

I'm having a Box made now for a 2010 Dodge Charger and it's being ported through the rear deck.
as we speak? let me know how it turns out! is the box port just going to shoot at the hole? or are you actually going to make it sit flush with the hole so everything that comes out of the port goes directly into thgat hole? and are you redoing your rear deck carpet as well?

as we speak? let me know how it turns out! is the box port just going to shoot at the hole? or are you actually going to make it sit flush with the hole so everything that comes out of the port goes directly into thgat hole? and are you redoing your rear deck carpet as well?
It's going to stick out into the Cabin, but just is. Going to paint the port tube Black and use U-Shape Car Door Trim to trim off the back deck hole. The picture below shows the port sticking up higher then it will in person. I'll have a thread started soon on the whole install.

Untitled_1.jpg

Port%20deck.jpg

3-4%20view.jpg

I solidly built enclosure will make a huge difference if your slot port wall was loose you were losing a ton of energy right there. As far as the cold I probably would have bought some kind of block heater(they actually make a sorta blanket) winter is "over" now but just a thought for next year.

lol. its just a dodge . that car has been so mean to me. $1000 a year in front end parts for the last 4 years straight. not to mention some other major fixes that it shouldnt have even had before it hit 60k miles. so no i dont feel bad about hacking that dam thing up. lmao.
i had a ab 150.1 i think the extreme cold here caused it to fail. i drive 10 minutes to and from work so i probably didnt let it warm up when it was in the negatives.

so now i have my old hifonics 3000d on them. i dont have the gain cranked up and the volt either and i installed my volt meter so i play my music accordingly i try not to let it drop under 13 volts.

Cold weather mainly affects sub's suspension making it a lot stiffer. The amps however should work better in colder weathers, I dont think the amp died because of cold weather.

eh ya. i bought it off a friend last year for $250 he also had a 1500 watt amp for his highs, he may have stressed it aLOT MORE THAN ME. I DIDNT BLAST IT FULL TILT ALL THE TIME.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.