opinions. on SQ subs getting down

inferno1985
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
possible?

ive had these new sq subs for a few weeks now. i like they way they sound. they get low and shake the whole headliner and dash. but can these get down even more?

can i have good sounding quality bass and still get low and nasty with sq subs in the right enclosure?

other wise ill prolly recone my other subs or try out a different brand.

SQ subs get pretty low for their price point.

before you try another brand, what size box do you have?

I'd try throwing them in a bigger enclosure and seeing how they act before totally cutting your losses

little under 2 right now. but the box is falling apart its years old and the middle shared port wall is very lose and probably changing the tuning frequency during playing haha. my last subs just destroyed the box.

talked to someone on this forum about a custom box the other day need to get him a few more details. but i might try to aim for 2 - 2.250 cubes each at 30 or 32.

i grabbed a pair of ab xr12d4 .

had the old xfl12's before that

might try out sq or matts next. but i have 2 kids car payment house payment bills , WIFE. lol

so ill probably get my use out of what i have for now till i get bored of the way they sound.

kinda like vehicles. i should lease im always buying a diff car every few years.

i grabbed a pair of ab xr12d4 .
had the old xfl12's before that

might try out sq or matts next. but i have 2 kids car payment house payment bills , WIFE. lol

so ill probably get my use out of what i have for now till i get bored of the way they sound.

kinda like vehicles. i should lease im always buying a diff car every few years.
soundqubed subs arent meant for super heavy low lows. The HDC lines are suited more for SPL purposes. Not saying they dont sound good or dont get low, because even when you tune higher, they can still reach pretty low because of their stiff suspension. They also like higher port area than normal subs.

soundqubed subs arent meant for super heavy low lows. The HDC lines are suited more for SPL purposes. Not saying they dont sound good or dont get low, because even when you tune higher, they can still reach pretty low because of their stiff suspension. They also like higher port area than normal subs.
He means sound quality not sound qubed he's running American Bass subs.

OP you need to include way more information bro. Electrical, amps, box size, car, how subs are mounted... Those subs are rated at 1200rms EACH so if you're not getting down you have some issues..

He means sound quality not sound qubed he's running American Bass subs.
OP you need to include way more information bro. Electrical, amps, box size, car, how subs are mounted... Those subs are rated at 1200rms EACH so if you're not getting down you have some issues..
he said he might try SQ or MMATS subs next so just steering him away from something that might not fit his listening preferences.

he said he might try SQ or MMATS subs next so just steering him away from something that might not fit his listening preferences.
Ahh gotcha thanks Jeff sorry bud.

I'd just try a real box first those are some nice subs and at 2400 rms if that's not loud enough your already deaf lol. I still think we need a lot more information to give an good answer.

I' am running only 2200 rms and I tell you that's about as loud as I want to listen to myself. Not sure how people listen to louder audio unless their wearing earplugs. I' am just now stretching the legs on the Tantric's. I put on some Notorious BIG decaf yesterday and I thought my exterior mirrors were going to blow apart LOL. Felt like a very aggressive message on my entire body.

Ahh gotcha thanks Jeff sorry bud.
I'd just try a real box first those are some nice subs and at 2400 rms if that's not loud enough your already deaf lol. I still think we need a lot more information to give an good answer.

I' am running only 2200 rms and I tell you that's about as loud as I want to listen to myself. Not sure how people listen to louder audio unless their wearing earplugs. I' am just now stretching the legs on the Tantric's. I put on some Notorious BIG decaf yesterday and I thought my exterior mirrors were going to blow apart LOL. Felt like a very aggressive message on my entire body.
just heard c1500martin's tantric md 12 in a ported box today. Pretty dope! Hits a great range of notes.

just heard c1500martin's tantric md 12 in a ported box today. Pretty dope! Hits a great range of notes.
wish I could have been there, ***** I had to leave a day early, I am going to try and make a trip in 2 or 3 weeks, but I can only get away fri. after work and be back by sun. night.

yea well my hearing isnt all that anymore. lol too many years of car audio, shooting guns etc. i shot about 150 rounds out of my .45 glock and my ears rang for days . ever since then i been deaf or " selective hearing as my girls says"

right now my box is pretty much on its last leg.

i am thinking of porting through the already placed hole for a 8 in cub mounted in rear deck of my charger. or modifying the whole rear deck and just cutting it out only leaving metal for the 6*9's

i have stock alt as of now.

and i threw in a new kinetic i got for cheap from a guy at work. doing my big 3 this weekend hopefully, it is finally starting to get warm here it was -20's for weeks last few months.

need a new box for sure. my seats dont fold down so i think that the best way to put my subs would be face them towards rear of car and possibly try to port up through that hole.

Yeah sounds like you need to work on the electrical bud. Stock alt and wires isn't going to cut it for 2400 rms. So Big 3 alt and a better box I bet if you do that you'll be super happy. Upgrading the subs only is NOT going to help you in fact it will make things 1000% worse. A lot of people do subs rear port in the middle of subs to rear. Shame on you for hacking up your charger bro :

As a thought what amp ARE you using.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.