Question about crossovers

Participant count
  • Participant list

dsw1204

CarAudio.com Elite
I am in the process of upgrading my sound system in my 1991 Honda Accord. I've purchased an Eclipse CD8464 head unit, an Arc Audio KS 900.6 amplifier, Hertz ESK 165l.5 two-way component speakers for the front stage, and a small JL Audio CP106LG-W3V3 sub. All are new (or NOS) except the Arc Audio amp.

The Eclipse, Arc Audio, and the Hertz all have crossovers. I haven't looked at the JL, yet. I don't think the sub has a crossover built in. But, which one of those crossovers do I use? Or, am I supposed to use them all...I don't know.

Is there a difference in which one I use? If so, what is that difference?

Use the active crossovers built into each amplifier..
Thanks for replying, I had given up hope that someone would respond. I'm not very familiar with crossovers. Is there a difference between the crossovers from the Arc Audio amp and the crossovers from the Hertz speakers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.