opinions on speakers

Mac11
10+ year member

MacGyver
ok first off i would like to appologize for this as im sure it is a repost and another which one thread. i AM doing research on my own as well to back this up. now down to it.

I am putting some speakers in my g/fs car for her birthday next week and then a HU for christmas as she has blown 3 of her 4 speakers and is running a stock HU.

she has a 93 saturn which i looked up on crutchfield to take 6 1/2 or 6 3/4" speakers all the way around. for all 4 speakers i dont want to go much over ~$150.

she has heard and liked the alpine type S so i am favoring those if i can get a good price on them. I am also looking at the pioneer premier ts616 and infinity reference 6002i and the cdt cl6x

another idea i was kicking around was getting a speaker that is realy good for highs up front and a 6.5" mid bass like the kicker r6c in the rear deck as she likes a lot of music with big bass and i dont have the cash to get her an amp and sub.

so what do you guys think? what are the best speakers i am looking at? any other good speakers in my price range that i should check out? thanks

mac

ok i think i have it narrowed down after reading hella reviews and looking arround for some deals. please feel free to toss in your opinions on these speakers or sites,let me know if i can get these cheaper elsewhere and if you think this sounds like a good setup. thanks

cdt cl6x up front from theZeb for $67 shipped

with cdt cl 6 midbass in the rear from woofersetc for $89 shipped.

eventually gonna have a sub of some sort to pump up that low end

and gettin her a hu for x-mas so for now they are jsut replacing blown speakers on a factory HU in ~1 month will see an upgraded HU.....looking at Clarion DXE-545MP and Pioneer DEH-p3600. then probably this summer when she gets sub/amp i will amp the speakers then too.

so opinions are more then welcome. thanks guys

mac

I like pioneer decks, I havent had anything else in my car, im just really used to their controls and stuff, id say go w\ the pioneer. I really like my CDT cl-61's I got from thezeb.com

i had some cl-6x's in my front door location at one point...i would suggest something different. The cl-6x's were honestly not any better than the cheap lighting audio bolt series coaxials that i got at walmart for 30 bucks. Both speakers were in the same location running off the same amp...your experience may differ, but i would suggest something else. How about spending the 150 dollars on just a set of components up front and nothing in the back? They won't sound that great until you can get an amp on them, but in the end it will probably sound better and you should be able to get better bass than with the coaxials.

i had some cl-6x's in my front door location at one point...i would suggest something different. The cl-6x's were honestly not any better than the cheap lighting audio bolt series coaxials that i got at walmart for 30 bucks. Both speakers were in the same location running off the same amp...your experience may differ, but i would suggest something else. How about spending the 150 dollars on just a set of components up front and nothing in the back? They won't sound that great until you can get an amp on them, but in the end it will probably sound better and you should be able to get better bass than with the coaxials.

the car is not set up for a comp set and it is my g/fs car so i am not gonna be making any major modifications like cutting into the doors or dash to mount tweets. also she would not like running no speakers in back. if this were my car things like that would be considered but its for a girl....she just wants something that sounds better then her shitty blown stock speakers. i apreciate all the comments on the speakers so far also. thanks guys

on another note i just bought a deck for her tonight it will be her christmas gift. i got the pioneer deh-p6600. i had read that i can cut the highs from either front or rear speakers and just run mids/lows and that is why i was considering the cdt midbass speakers to go with those coax's. however i think i can do better for the money i spent(~230 @ CC) and am considering taking it back if i can get a better deal on the clarion dxz845MP i am looking at.(249 @ crutchfield)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.