Opinions on ED Kv2 series subs

S0CalS0L
10+ year member

I had my heart set on a pair of RE RE10's until i saw that they were dual 4ohm subs (my alpine amp is 300w RMS at 2 ohms). Anways i started looking for other 10" subs. I saw the ED Kv2 series subs and for the price they seem pretty good. I know they're not out yet, but what are some of you opinions on the new sub line? I read some bad stuff about ED, but then i've also read a lot of good stuff about them. My MRD-M300 puts out a little more than 300w rms at 2 ohms so it would be an almost perfect match for the 11kv.2. How would a single 11kv.2 powered with 300w compare to my current polk audio GNX104 subs with the same power. My current set up are 2 10" polk audio subs powered by and Alpine MRD-m300, i will be using the same amp if i got the 11kv.2. My current subs are bridged to 2 ohms so they're getting 150w a piece. If i got a single 11kv.2 it would get the full 300w. Since it would get the full 300w, would it be louder than the 2 polk subs? I can't go any larger than a 10" because of my limited trunk space, so the shiva is out of the picture, and i only have about 300w to work with.

Here's a link to my current subs: Polk Audio Subs

go over to icixsound.com, that's the "official" eD forum over there, you'll get reviews of people who have heard them. They're out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had my heart set on a pair of RE RE10's until i saw that they were dual 4ohm subs (my alpine amp is 300w RMS at 2 ohms). Anways i started looking for other 10" subs. I saw the ED Kv2 series subs and for the price they seem pretty good. I know they're not out yet, but what are some of you opinions on the new sub line? I read some bad stuff about ED, but then i've also read a lot of good stuff about them. My MRD-M300 puts out a little more than 300w rms at 2 ohms so it would be an almost perfect match for the 11kv.2. How would a single 11kv.2 powered with 300w compare to my current polk audio GNX104 subs with the same power. My current set up are 2 10" polk audio subs powered by and Alpine MRD-m300, i will be using the same amp if i got the 11kv.2. My current subs are bridged to 2 ohms so they're getting 150w a piece. If i got a single 11kv.2 it would get the full 300w. Since it would get the full 300w, would it be louder than the 2 polk subs? I can't go any larger than a 10" because of my limited trunk space, so the shiva is out of the picture, and i only have about 300w to work with.
Here's a link to my current subs: Polk Audio Subs

Not sure how long until they get 10's in but I know they're out of stock on their 12's .

I want to keep atleast 1/2 of my trunk open to fit stuff in it. I can go 30" wide and only 12" high and about 12" deep for a box. I drive a del sol which is a targa top so the top can be placed in the trunk. Anything higher than 12" will interfere with the targa carrier.I was thinking about getting a single 11kv.2 and putting it in a ported box.

a single 11Kv.2 ported would sound nice...I've haven't heard the new drivers yet, but if they're anything like the older K-series (which I have heard), then you'll be pleased.

Yeah, they sound amazing. I take it you're building your own box? Or are you using your old? Anyhow, i've got 4 13kv.2's in my custom 7.236 ^3 @28hz i made, and they sound amazing. Runnin off a nine.1 so each is recieving around 300-400 watts a peice. They're accurate on every note in rock, tecno, rap, anything, and also get extremely low, hence the loved-28hz tuning. Anyway, i'd say get one and build a eD spec custom ported enclosure. You won't be dissapointed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.