opinions of jbl power 12 to type r 12

05fronty
5,000+ posts

SALT PETER
conway,ar
specs say type r will handle more power, but which one between 2 will be better for spl and a little sq? i have heard also that the jbl's can handle more power, is that true? will be running 2 off of a mb quart 1200.1 d

I have both subs...the JBL is more of a low end performer than the Alpine

and have had both of them on my Crown BPX 2200.1..they both take good power

the JBL likes a low tuned enclosure with a low X-Over setting where as the Alpine

will feel more at home in a high tuned set up

either or they are both good subs for the money..personally I like the strong

low end of the JBL

jbl is a good company... very popular mainstream but as to other mainstreamers like kicker and what not they produce good products. i have the GTO 6x9's and for what they are, they are a good product. their subs will get low, nothing like a Q but youll be happy

I have a pair of the power 12's in a JBL spec ported enclosure with an MTX 81000D powering them. Like previously mentioned, they really hammer the lows, and sound good doing so. I have about ~600W RMS going to each sub and they take it all day long no questions asked. The R's arevery similar as far as SPL potential, but get the JBL's if you want a smoother sound, with harder hitting lows....

I have a pair of the power 12's in a JBL spec ported enclosure with an MTX 81000D powering them. Like previously mentioned, they really hammer the lows, and sound good doing so. I have about ~600W RMS going to each sub and they take it all day long no questions asked. The R's arevery similar as far as SPL potential, but get the JBL's if you want a smoother sound, with harder hitting lows....
the only reason i ask between the 2 is i can get the jbl's alot cheaper

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.