• Sealed

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

JesseJames.A
10+ year member

Tx
ok, I'm new here and i need some help. i just bought 2 Fosgate p2d410" with a 500-1bd fosgate amp. now i have to buy a new box because my old one doesnt fit. i have always had a sealed downfire box and i was looking for a new one then i ran into an Obcon downfire PORTED box!.

i need some opinions on which one should i get, should i stick to the sealed or try for the first time in my life, a ported box?

here's the boxes I'm looking at

http://www.rtboxes.com/catalog/images/Q68.jpg

or

a similar SEALED?

does anyone here own one of these? (brand and or same exact one)

Q68.jpg

this is the box im looking at, good price too, only 20 bucks more than the sealed i was looking at b4 i ran into this.

well what do you all mean when u say "if the airspace is correct for your subs"? wouldnt that box have them figures right?

well what do you all mean when u say "if the airspace is correct for your subs"? wouldnt that box have them figures right?

That website doesn't say so you'll have to email them and ask "what is the internal volume of this box for each 10" subwoofer?" That value needs to fall within the specs of whatever the sub you're getting to sound right. The mounting depth is only 5 3/4" inch too so you'll need some shallow-mount subs.

However most of the shallow-mount subs should work with that box just fine.

the p2s are also 5 3/4 but when u take the magnet cover they get trimmed down by quit alot. example the p2 12" the mounting depth was 6 3/8 after the cover was removed it went to 5 3/4. the diameter was 7 1/2 after it was 5, and the circumference was 25 after it went to 16.

ps, i called Obcon and they said that them subs would sound really good especially if i have the right amp pushing them.:shrug:

the p2s are also 5 3/4 but when u take the magnet cover they get trimmed down by quit alot. example the p2 12" the mounting depth was 6 3/8 after the cover was removed it went to 5 3/4. the diameter was 7 1/2 after it was 5, and the circumference was 25 after it went to 16.

ps, i called Obcon and they said that them subs would sound really good especially if i have the right amp pushing them.:shrug:
Then do it but those are not the specs they were talking about. They weren't referencing if the subs would fit in the box. They were referencing how much volume inside of the box there was. For a ported box to be tuned correctly, it needs more volume of air than a sealed. Also the port displaces volume as well.

That website doesn't say so you'll have to email them and ask "what is the internal volume of this box for each 10" subwoofer?" That value needs to fall within the specs of whatever the sub you're getting to sound right. The mounting depth is only 5 3/4" inch too so you'll need some shallow-mount subs.
However most of the shallow-mount subs should work with that box just fine.
Then do it but those are not the specs they were talking about. They weren't referencing if the subs would fit in the box. They were referencing how much volume inside of the box there was. For a ported box to be tuned correctly, it needs more volume of air than a sealed. Also the port displaces volume as well.
where would u find out how much volume these subs need?

edit: i found it on RF website, it says 1.0 min, 1.4, and 1.75 max.

obcon says there box is 1.0per sub, so is that a good match?

Wow that port looks tiny.
yeah, i think/hope that might help my 10"s keep the punch effect too, i mean i know not as good as the sealed box, but better than the big ported box with the big port hole. right?

added a poll, ya dudes vote for which one i should get:cool://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:thumbupw://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...