Opinions & Suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

chevywizard

Hey guys I am getting ready to put a system together in a 72 Chevy Cheyenne Truck.. It will consist of a Pioneer DEH-P6400 headunit, 2 Sony Xplod 6x9's powered by an Alpine 280w amp.. 2 10" Kenwood 2505 Subs powered by a Kenwood 600w amp.. and 4 Tweeters... How do you all think this will sound and perform? Has anyone had any experiences with the Kenwood subs and how they sound and perform? I figure I will have it setup like this....

Tweeters and 6x9's on the Front channel and the subs on the rear channel.. The headunit has a built in custimizable crossover and sub control.. Should I still use a crossover anywhere in the system? Currently I have the Headunit,6x9's,Alpine amp and the tweeters installed and it seems to sound and perform ok without any problems from the tweeters distorting, I believe they may even have built in crossovers... Any help and opinions on this setup would be greatly appreciated...

Originally posted by Jmac 9) I'm an *******, but I do a good job of designing stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
believe him..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

oh yea, and #6 is important

Budget isnt very good right now.. But hey the facts are the facts heh... Just have to make as much out of it for now as possible.... Thanks for the advice guys just got a killer deal on the subs... $50 for both brand new and $50 for the 600w amp soo.. Jumped on it.. The 6x9's were free as well as the 260w alpine amp and traded a xplod cd player which I received as a gift for the pioneer headunit, and $15 for the tweeters which are pioneers... so in all I have about $115 in the system all together.. So now lets ask this question again...lol.. for a $115 system how do you think it will perform.. lol... Thanks guys!

not really sure right now.. Like I said it is already installed and I am not home right now to see... For 2 6x9's and the tweets it sounds pretty good though.. Considering I have no space in the truck I have to make exceptions to some things!! No room behind seats.. etc...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.