omfg I dunno what is wrong now

Ok so I just tried it and with the gain way low 1/5 it was .2 and with the gain almost all the way up it was 2.5. This is one sub right now running at 2ohm
playing what though? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif play a 50Hz sinewave....

btw, what you're testing really wont prove anything anyway... lol

Why wont it prove anything? Im trying to figure out if my amp is bad. And it must be something since the sub will play fine off the front amp at 300 watts
yeah, the amp probably just needs a higher RCA input level than the front amp... or, the rca output from the headunit is bad...

yeah they do but i need to turn the volume wayyyyyy up. And I cant do that with my front speakers hooked up since they get way to loud. My fronts top out around 15 otherwise they are freaking loud.
yeah, I've had amplifiers where I've had to turn the gain up as high as it'll go to even get any sort of output from the amp, because the voltage from the rca output from the headinit isn't a high enough level to get any sort of output...

Is there a way to test what the preouts are putting out at? I may get a new headunit then.
well, if its an old pioneer like your sig says, then its probably like 2 volts max... it may only be 1 volt, or less...

its the only logical thing... other than that your amp is toast //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

disconnect the other amplifiers RCA's, and fade the headunit so there's no speakers on, and just the subwoofer amplifier, and try turning it up loud...

oh hmm i will just look around. Btw man i apologize for cussing at you and saying that ****. I was just frustrated with this **** and didnt know what to do. Thanks for the help tho
I'm not helping... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif I'm jsut keeping myself entertained... lol

nah, goodluck with it...

DBB... you're an ass lol...

the thing DBB was talking about is called a line driver. even if it doesn't fix your problem its a useful thing to have around...

With a pioneer HU you want to make sure that loudness is off, the EQ is set to all 0's, and the subwoofer out is set to +5. Also, check the setting on your low pass filters, the one on the amp and the one on your stereo.

You can use your DMM to check output levels on your RCAS if you're willing to sacrifice a cable. just chop the end off of one, strip the wire back, and use that as the positive and negative you put the DMM on.

turn up your gains a little the same happened to my friends type r before it was broken in. It barly plays till the gain is to a certain point then it pounds

yeah, I've had amplifiers where I've had to turn the gain up as high as it'll go to even get any sort of output from the amp, because the voltage from the rca output from the headinit isn't a high enough level to get any sort of output...

wow to the person who made this thread.....in the last thread u made about this problem i TOLD YOU THAT UR HU ISNT GIVING U A HIGH ENOUGH VOLTAGE OUTPUT.....GET A LINE DRIVER

GET A LINE DRIVER

GET A LINE DRIVER>......for the 3rd time

you can get a decent deck with better preouts for hella cheap.

got my eclipse cd2000 for 65shipped. just keep an eye out for a used deck.

also i agree, just turn your gain up til something happens, I mean if you have to have it cranked to get any output then you have a problem but low voltage preouts need you to turn the gain up.

about measuring with the meter.... when you want to check the impedence(resistance) of your subs, speakers, or whatever, make sure they are disconnected from the power source. as for measuring current(which your dmm can't do) connect the probes of the meter in series with the device. voltage can be checked in parallel.

as for your problem, defientely check the settings on your headunit. Also make sure the gain on the front amp isn't at its max.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.