Old Type R and new Type R

skatingrocker17
10+ year member

Ohio
I have one of the older style Alpine Type Rs and I plan on getting another one. People on here say don't mix and match subs. They seem like two different subs of the same series. The upped the RMS wattage on the newer Type Rs so technically they aren't really the same subs anymore. I wish someone wouldn't of sold me that, now for some reason I just want two of the newer ones so they'll be the same. Is this anything to be concerned about?

I just bought a new one. Screw it, I'll use it for a little bit while I try to sell it. We're probably getting another car soon so I'll just put the old Type R in that car (I only want one sub in the car to begin with). Then I'll just get a newer one for my car. I paid $75 for a new one on eBay so it made sense to get a newer one.

Well there ya go. You an always sell whichever one on Craigslist too. Type R's always sell quick on CL.
Someone's buying my Type R and Alpine MRP-500 tomorrow for $225 and I just bought it for $150 on Saturday. So now I'm going to get another box and a newer Type R.

there ya go ,done deal
As soon as the deal is done I plan on getting another one online and another box so hopefully I should have everything together by the end of the week.

When I used to have my two 12s hooked up to my Pioneer amp, my headlights would dim when they hit really hard at night, should I get a capacitor?

working the market
It's what I do.

Okay so I think I have everything I need for the big 3 upgrade.

If you look at my last two items in the cart, there is a pack of two Tsunami Positive and Negative Battery Terminals and one pack of one Kicker Positive/Negative Battery Terminal Clamp. I've been getting only the things I need out of the Big 3 Upgrade Kits (I don't need wire cutters).

The Tsunami comes with two terminals but the Kicker kit only comes with one. Which do I need?

Thanks

1zg6jo9.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.