SQL sub recommendation

tooshort_128
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I currently have a 12" Q in a sealed box but I'm exploring some options. I've had it for a few years and kinda getting the urge to try something new. I'm looking for a single sub setup with either one 12 or maybe a 15 (don't know if I want to give up more space) to be run on Diamond D5 1200.1. I listen to mostly hip hop/r&b and occasionally some jazz. I like the SQ of the Q and wouldn't mind a little more but want to keep the output level the same or higher. I would like something that pounds and sounds great in a 2-2.5 cube, low tuned enclosure. Budget is in the $300 range or less. What do you guys think?

I'm looking to run a little more power than that. I could only get a two ohm load from that sub and I've got a good 1200-1400rms at one ohm on tap.

To help with suggestions, I LOVE low lows, so I'd like to be able to hit those with some authority.

It looks to me that you can't really do too much better than the FI Q with regard to your power and your love of lows. In your post, it says its in a sealed box, but in your sig, it says its in a ported box. If it's in a ported enclosure, there won't be too many subs that can surpass its performance. You could try a SSA Icon, but it will be pretty similar in terms of output.

i could make you a custom and make it louder and drop lower have done before with the Q. oh it will cost u half what you wanted to spend...
although this sounds interesting.

I originally had it in a ported enclosure but the box wasn't all that great. I switched to a sealed box because of space issues. I usually like to change setups every now and then and I'm getting the itch to experience something different. I've been looking at ID, an AA Havoc, Icon, or similar.

I'm interested in what SPLaudio can offer....

i would get a havoc,but thats me.i had to get a 12 instead of a 15 because of limited space.i had it first in 2.3 cubes at 40 and it was a tad too loud in my small hatch.since i have changed the box,im completely satisfied with this sub.if i were to get a bigger vehicle,like a blazer or something along those lines,then i would get a mayhem.love this havoc,it does sound good !

Bnib original powerbase xtreme xs12...gets loud and low..Btw idmax won't handle 1400 watts.. I've owned them

powerbass.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.