Old setup going into newer car. Need new amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Maddog456

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ive had this build for a while now. 2 MTX JackHammer JH4512-04 12" 4-ohm subwoofer and a Pioneer 800w GM-7300M Mono subwoofer amplifier
360 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms. I was told to get this by some people so thought it was good at the time and for my wallet. I put it in a 02 focus had some problems here and there with amp overheating at times and power flicking so I got a cap. Had some problems with that at times too. But all and all worked good most the time. Now I got a 2016 ford fusion titanium with the Sony sound and I want to put it in there. This build still good or was it a bust from the start and any tips or tricks to hooking it up to a newer car? Could it I need a new amp too with the peak handling power being at 500w a piece on the subs and the amp is only 800w at full volume? I know a little but still kinda newer to the specs of everything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.