old school Soundstream amps.

Item(s) for Sale:

Hello, I designed and built all Soundstream old school amplifiers and crossovers from 1981 thru 1998. If anybody needs any info, parts, schematics or repairs on these amps p0lease contact me. I offer fair pricing along with certificate of performance on all repairs.

I hope this is not breaking any rules. you can contact me at: ace_956@att.net

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Hey diatribe,

I'm not sure. It trade show or sales demiolooks like it says demo2. If thats what it says It's probably either a production sample or a unit earmarked for a trade show or sales demo. Thats what I think it is. If there was something wrong with it it would have a different mark.

Thanks, ace956

Hi Ace, I have a Davinci a a few years ago channels 1-6 went out but the sub channel does work. I'm guessing a powersupply issue? I talked to Wade about getting it fixed before he went MIA, glad I waited. I would like to get this repaired and everything gone through, can you send me a quote. Thanks

Hello 90scaraudio,

I saw your message about your rubicon 1000-2. The 2SC5200 and 2SA1943 are the correct replacements for the original transistors. If you need any help I may be able to answer your questions.

Thanks, ace956

[quote name='buening']smithee419, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure ace956 is indeed Wade Stewart. It is the same username from DIYMA from a few years back.

Wade, I'd recommend explaining what happened a few years back on DIYMA before everyone starts sending you amplifiers again. Lot of people got burned in that ordeal.

For those that want the history: Soundstream Amplifier Repair - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum[/QUOTE]

@ace956 ; Care to explain?

Hey smithee419,

I understand how you feel about what happened to my repair business. i wanted you to see my explanation first and get your feedback.

Hello everyone,

I am known on DIYMA as ace956. I have a long explanation about what happened to my soundstream repair business. My problem is it’s so complicated I’m afraid no one will believe it. But here goes.

In 2007 I started a new pro audio company named FATPRO Technologies. I had a partner that worked for me who owned 20% of the company. He was an employee of mine at Stewart Electronics The company I owned where all the Old School Soundstream amps and Stewart Electronics pro Audio products were designed and built. He was an engineer but worked doing schematics and board layout at Stewart. While at Fatpro he developed cancer and he was unemployed. By the way Kelly is also my wives name. I was paying him a small wage. Anyway he and his wife ‘DEBBIE’ moved in with me and my wife for free. Fatpro did well in 2008 but at the end of 2008 the bank cut our funding. In 2009 Fatprio was limping along.

In 2010 I started doing Soundstream repairs to supplement my income. In early 2011 the company that I had my email accounts and web hosting through raised there rates so I switched everything to Goddady. In April of 2011 I was contacted by an audio company on the east coast to go to work for them. I decided that it was a great deal. So I and my wife moved to New Jersey. Kelly and Debbie were still living in my house and they tried to help solve some of the problems.

When I got out there Godaddy wasn’t able to get my email or web site files from the first company who eventually became web.com. Now my website was down and I couldn’t get my email. Now here I am in New Jersey. I can’t access my email or get feedback from fatpro.com. I never cashed any checks until I completed a repair and returned the amp. I don’t know who was cashing those checks. I eventually had Godaddy start new email accounts for me in the end of 2011. I hated living in New Jersey so much after 60 years in California I pretty much went to work and that’s all.

The end result of all of this is my problem. I screwed up and I’m very sorry. If anyone has any questions or had any problem I hope they will contact me and I will make things right. I’ve always tried to do everything in my life right. Ever since I was a child I lived by the golden rule. "Always do unto others as you would have them do unto you”.

Thank you,

Wade Stewart

Hey smithee419,I understand how you feel about what happened to my repair business. i wanted you to see my explanation first and get your feedback.

Hello everyone,

I am known on DIYMA as ace956. I have a long explanation about what happened to my soundstream repair business. My problem is it’s so complicated I’m afraid no one will believe it. But here goes.

In 2007 I started a new pro audio company named FATPRO Technologies. I had a partner that worked for me who owned 20% of the company. He was an employee of mine at Stewart Electronics The company I owned where all the Old School Soundstream amps and Stewart Electronics pro Audio products were designed and built. He was an engineer but worked doing schematics and board layout at Stewart. While at Fatpro he developed cancer and he was unemployed. By the way Kelly is also my wives name. I was paying him a small wage. Anyway he and his wife ‘DEBBIE’ moved in with me and my wife for free. Fatpro did well in 2008 but at the end of 2008 the bank cut our funding. In 2009 Fatprio was limping along.

In 2010 I started doing Soundstream repairs to supplement my income. In early 2011 the company that I had my email accounts and web hosting through raised there rates so I switched everything to Goddady. In April of 2011 I was contacted by an audio company on the east coast to go to work for them. I decided that it was a great deal. So I and my wife moved to New Jersey. Kelly and Debbie were still living in my house and they tried to help solve some of the problems.

When I got out there Godaddy wasn’t able to get my email or web site files from the first company who eventually became web.com. Now my website was down and I couldn’t get my email. Now here I am in New Jersey. I can’t access my email or get feedback from fatpro.com. I never cashed any checks until I completed a repair and returned the amp. I don’t know who was cashing those checks. I eventually had Godaddy start new email accounts for me in the end of 2011. I hated living in New Jersey so much after 60 years in California I pretty much went to work and that’s all.

The end result of all of this is my problem. I screwed up and I’m very sorry. If anyone has any questions or had any problem I hope they will contact me and I will make things right. I’ve always tried to do everything in my life right. Ever since I was a child I lived by the golden rule. "Always do unto others as you would have them do unto you”.

Thank you,

Wade Stewart
Good luck..Just looked like a few mad ppl on Diyma.I'm sure it will get straightened out.

[quote name='gentlejax']Im not so sure it was just a couple...

regardless...you ACE should have gone back to DIYMA and made it right with them....explained this to them and made sure nobody was still waiting on their amps.[/QUOTE]
You're right @gentlejax ; I was being polite.You need to go straighten it out @ace956 ;

Hello smithee419,

Here is the final draft of my explanation on what happened when I was doing soundstream amp repairs in 2011.

Hello everyone,

I am known on DIYMA as ace956. I have a long story about what happened to my Soundstream repair business and explain my mysterious disappearance. It’s so incredible I’m afraid no one will believe it. But here goes.

In 2007 I started a new pro audio company called FATPRO Technologies. I had a partner that worked with me who owned 20% of the company. He was an employee of mine at Stewart Electronics where all the Old School Soundstream car amps, Soundstream home audio and Stewart Electronics pro Audio products were designed and built. He was an engineer doing schematics and board layout at Stewart. While at Fatpro he developed cancer and he was unemployed. By the way Kelly is also my wives name. He and his wife, the infamous ‘DEBBIE’ moved in with my wife and I. Fatpro did well in 2008 but at the end of 2008 the bank cut our funding. In 2009 Fatpro was limping along.

In 2010 I started doing Soundstream repairs. In early 2011 I switched my web hosting and emails to Goddady. In April of 2011 I was contacted by an audio company to work for them. I took the job but I had to be there in two weeks. I tried to finish any amplifiers I had before we left but I couldn’t finish all of them. My wife and I moved to New Jersey where my old computer crapped out. It would work for a few minutes and then shutdown. I got a new computer but somehow the backup hard drive had gotten completely erased. I said you’re not going to believe this. Kelly and Debbie were still living in my house rent free. They tried to help solve some of the problems, and for that I thank them.

When I got out there godaddy wasn’t able to get my email or web site files from web.com. Here I am in New Jersey, Totally stressing out, My computer doesn’t work, I lost my backup files, most of the information on who sent repairs is not on DIYMA, they were emails sent directly to me and I can’t access my email accounts or feedback from fatpro.com. I never cashed any checks until a repair was shipped to the customer. I don’t know who was cashing those checks. I eventually had Godaddy start new email accounts for me in the end of 2011 but I lost all old emails..

The end result of all of this is it’s my fault. I screwed up and I’m very sorry. If anyone has any questions or had any problems I hope they will contact me and I will make things right. I always tried to do everything in my life the right way. Ever since I was a child I lived by the golden rule. “Always do unto others as you would have them do unto you”

In my defense is I repaired over 30 amps and gave free help and information to people on DIYMA and other sites. There were only 6 people who complained on DIYMA, most of them got there equipment back. I did have trouble with one amp from 9mmmac. I replaced the input jacks with a jack that mounted outside. I kept finding problems with the amp and had to disassemble it over and over. Eventually the solder pads on the pc board became compromised. I should have used jacks that mounted from the inside, oh well live and learn.

You want to hear the real kicker. After 19 years my partner / ex girlfriend at Stewart Electronics where I was doing about 20 million dollars a year and talking with Jensen and Electrovoice about building there amplifiers. Trying to take over the company, my partner sued me claiming I was trying to destroy Stewart which would make her holdings worthless,. The judge kicked me out of Stewart and assigned a trustee to run the company. She and I fought it out in court and lost everything. Oh well, live and learn again.

Thank you,

Wade Stewart

Hello smithee419,I did have trouble with one amp from 9mmmac. I replaced the input jacks with a jack that mounted outside. I kept finding problems with the amp and had to disassemble it over and over. Eventually the solder pads on the pc board became compromised. I should have used jacks that mounted from the inside, oh well live and learn.

Thank you,

Wade Stewart

Trouble? That amp was a mess. I was able to fix it, but it was costly. You should invest in a better soldering iron and a jig that keeps the devices heatsinked outside of the chassis. That's how I was doing it. As I would tell folks that had sent their amps to you and been lucky to have them returned with varying degrees of repair success: Engineers don't make good technicians.

Wade, I'm glad you could own up to the problem. I know financial trouble in business, but making things right is never the wrong option.

I don't think starting a car audio company is good business. I've done several competitive analyses over the years and keep coming back to "not now". It was my dream for a long time. I networked with many of the car audio amplifier designers of the past and present; to have them in my pocket in case the opportunity arose. It never did.

Short term gains can be had on import goods, but building a thriving business on a few good products manufactured with long term reliability in mind is something that is gone, I'm afraid. The few people on internet forums do not represent the buying public; they represent the most diehard purists that dream big. But that's not reality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.