old school Soundstream amps.

Item(s) for Sale:

Hello, I designed and built all Soundstream old school amplifiers and crossovers from 1981 thru 1998. If anybody needs any info, parts, schematics or repairs on these amps p0lease contact me. I offer fair pricing along with certificate of performance on all repairs.

I hope this is not breaking any rules. you can contact me at: ace_956@att.net

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Would you happen to have the schematics for the USA-364 amp? Mine is a stars and stripes version. Sticker states Tested/QC PGG 27-96 and it is a REV. A board.

Thanks,

Dale

Hey rickmandick,Jaime at JR used to work for me. He now works ar inyel. I actually designed all the old Soundstream amps and my company manufactured them. All amplifier sections were designed to handle more current than the power supply could deliver. Thats why they could drive such low impedances. Anyway, I wish i had the amps you have. i had a bunch ofthose same amps in my car but somebody stoled them. I am now here to answer any questions, supply info, schematics and repair old soundstream amps. I only replace connectors if they are so damaged that they are unusable. If you ever need anything I'm here.

Thanks, ace956

I'm looking for info on repairing my TC-308 head unit, I bought it new in 1988 and it recently failed. I have an all soundstream system and really would like to fix this headunit.

Its got an intermittent loss of sound in the right channel and the deck quit taking in tapes, removing the top revealed a broken gear and some larger white plastic bits laying loose.

The intermittent no right channel starts after a minute or two of play. (Its not the amps or rest of the system, I found and am temporarily using a TC-306 in its place till I get this one sorted.

I also have two other TC-306 models which both need new cassette heads, as the wire leads are broken where then exit the head itself.

I've had no luck finding either a service center to work on these or even any type of service manual.

Any help or direction would be most appreciated.

(If anyone has a good used TC308 head unit, I'd also be interested).

Why do you have to be such an internet deusche bag? This was discussed at length on that forum, and pretty much completely resolved. You might have linked the following, which discussed that, and which also seemed to clearly point out that all the bitching about DIYMA members being screwed was apparently quite exaggerated, as it turned out none appeared to be missing any amps, and what few Wade had left (from other sources), he was working hard to try and return with others help. Wade Stewart & Getting The Remaining Lost Soundstream Amps Back To Owners Thread - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Why do you have to be such an internet deusche bag? This was discussed at length on that forum, and pretty much completely resolved. You might have linked the following, which discussed that, and which also seemed to clearly point out that all the bitching about DIYMA members being screwed was apparently quite exaggerated, as it turned out none appeared to be missing any amps, and what few Wade had left (from other sources), he was working hard to try and return with others help. Wade Stewart & Getting The Remaining Lost Soundstream Amps Back To Owners Thread - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum
whoa.. name calling for no reason. way to go friend. if you're going to insult me, please at least spell the insult correctly. it is DOUCHE. was a simple question //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. all that aside, I would assume that people interested in a seller would like to view feedback. btw.. having to make a "whos gotten their **** back" thread isnt exactly a shining endorsement //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I wish everyone the best though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

whoa.. name calling for no reason. way to go friend. if you're going to insult me, please at least spell the insult correctly. it is DOUCHE. was a simple question //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. all that aside, I would assume that people interested in a seller would like to view feedback. btw.. having to make a "whos gotten their **** back" thread isnt exactly a shining endorsement //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I wish everyone the best though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
'For no reason', sorry, but you're the one who started out by further defaming WS, when it was uncalled for. People throw around crass insults on the web as though it was no big deal anymore, but I do take exception to it. As for spelling, try googling things before commenting on them, as the word in question is a completely acceptable form. You could have gotten your original point across without resorting to such adjectives, and you also should have linked the thread discussing the return issue, but I guess that wouldn't have helped your point of view. I am not trying to hide anything regarding the unfortunate issue that arose regarding certain amps, just trying to clarify things a bit.

'For no reason', sorry, but you're the one who started out by further defaming WS, when it was uncalled for. People throw around crass insults on the web as though it was no big deal anymore, but I do take exception to it. As for spelling, try googling things before commenting on them, as the word in question is a completely acceptable form. You could have gotten your original point across without resorting to such adjectives, and you also should have linked the thread discussing the return issue, but I guess that wouldn't have helped your point of view. I am not trying to hide anything regarding the unfortunate issue that arose regarding certain amps, just trying to clarify things a bit.
how is asking if it is the same guy "defaming" him? you're delusional. btw: if you google your word you'll find out its not recognized by any english dictionary, EXCEPT urban dictionary.. which isnt a real dictionary friend. you're welcome for the english lesson though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

how is asking if it is the same guy "defaming" him? you're delusional. btw: if you google your word you'll find out its not recognized by any english dictionary, EXCEPT urban dictionary.. which isnt a real dictionary friend. you're welcome for the english lesson though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
So using the adjective term 'shtshow' isn't derogatory? Must have some nice conversations around your house. And if calling me on an urban spelling is all you've got have a great day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So using the adjective term 'shtshow' isn't derogatory? Must have some nice conversations around your house. And if calling me on an urban spelling is all you've got have a great day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
the thread was a shtshow.. not him. I know nothing about him (nor do I have an interest in him.. others might) your reading comprehension is REALLY poor. I suggest you work on that. and then maybe learn to spell. or not.. its on you.

now, after all that, IS this the same guy? im guessing yes?

the thread was a shtshow.. not him. I know nothing about him (nor do I have an interest in him.. others might) your reading comprehension is REALLY poor. I suggest you work on that. and then maybe learn to spell. or not.. its on you.
now, after all that, IS this the same guy? im guessing yes?
Ha, ha, that's some serious spin. If you're so smart you shouldn't have needed to ask the original question. The stage is all yours, Kando has left the building, bye-bye. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have found a new in the box Soundstream Trantula 880/2..These are beautiful amps..This is the model with the Handles on it like a rack amp...When I look at these specs on these amps they seem to be the same as the Van Gogh...the specs on the 1600/2 tarantula and the Van Gogh 1600.2 are identical...are they the same amps with different shell ..

Can u tell me more about these amps....I am running Zapco C2k Competition amps...are they comparable or better maybe...

Any info you can give me would be great...Thanx..

I think ACE/WADE has left the building. Unfortunate as I think he was sincere and legit.
I think the problem might be that he went through a lot of unfortunate stuff, some of which was his fault (some not), and then got dumped on an awful lot afterwards by people who knew nothing of the original situation, deservedly or not (the car audio forums bring out a lot of that). He was on here, and DYIMA, periodically, but I think a lot of the continuing name calling might have driven him away. From posts of his, I have seen elsewhere, it appears that he might have also grown tired of being presented with mostly amps that others have already made a mess off, and which are extremely difficult, if not outright impossible, to repair at this point in time, since even he does not have service manuals for all that old stuff, let alone an endless supply of specific old school parts that may be required in many cases. So while it does look like he has left the car audio forums, at least for now, he is still present on at least one other more serious one, which I would prefer not to name. I hope that in time though he does feel able to show up here again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.