Old School Roll Call

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I may do a ASMR challenge, hell everyone else is. Folks act like its something new, but shit's been around forever!

JLJunkieMX107

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Jun 22, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
Definitely not what it used to be. i remember where there would be thousands of members on here at any given time, it was hard to even keep up with all the posts. 

I used to frequent Realm of Excursion back in the day.....that place is a complete ghost town. 

Spider Monkey

WEEEEEEEEEEE™
10+ year member
Apr 12, 2007
In a Cage
Definitely not what it used to be. i remember where there would be thousands of members on here at any given time, it was hard to even keep up with all the posts. 

I used to frequent Realm of Excursion back in the day.....that place is a complete ghost town. 

It died in 2009.  So you were certainly around at the peak of things.

Spider Monkey

WEEEEEEEEEEE™
10+ year member
Apr 12, 2007
In a Cage
What happened to it?  I know it died but does anyone know why?  I used to be around here daily.  Didn't post a lot of junk only on things I had info on.  Thus why low post count. 
I know exactly why.  I was there.  Late 2008, early 2009 the administrator (Goob) demoted 98% of the moderators that kept this place full of lolz for almost a decade.  He was forced to do this because Google threatened to stop the advertisement feed (income for Goob) due to all of the NWS shit we had all over the place.  It really was a wild forum with hardly any rules which translated in tons of traffic.  All of the exmods were part of the CrunkTimes crew (see crunk jello thread at top of Thunderdome).  All of said moderators said f**k this place, and we all went and made our own forum.  That pulled almost all of the content that drove this place overnight.  The only moderators left were Goob's cuckold friends and they locked down and banned all of the lolz (technically you can't even post a chick in a bikini around here anymore).  Then Facebook became super relevant and forums across the Internet started to sunset and the entire technology platform started to wither on the vine.  It's old tech for Gen X.  It will never be revived to it's heyday.  

So in short, it's nobody's fault but the owner's because he literally sold out.  He alienated everyone that was making him rich and now he has a dead forum left to ponder.

• Thanks
Reactions: Rich00

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
This place used to be INSANE!!! Like a 24/7 bachelor party, Hangover style. No way it could last. Sure was fun though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds