old school= bd1000a1 Rockford Fosgate

it will easily push 1200, and likely closer to 1400...as with many of those older RF tank armor amps, i assume it will run warm tho

thanks^^^it does warm up a bit, but never real bad, but again ive never been able to put it to its limits either..@ half gain it works the hell outta the kicker cvr 15 d4 i have, but i have only had that speaker for 2 weeks and i cant stand it, so time to move on...

anyways, anything out that is compareable to my amp?

I have this gen of the 2 ohm stable Power 1000bd:

Power1000bd.jpg

I purchased it from a friend to run a pair of SVC 4 ohm Digital Designs 1508s in my Civic, then I sold the Civic. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

@ half gain it works the hell outta the kicker cvr 15 d4 i have,
wired at 2? that speaker will likely be toast soon if you are not careful...keep gain where you have it, no bass boost etc..

anyways, anything out that is compareable to my amp
as far as what? wattage? build? or just in general?...Not many companies make amps like that anymore..but there are many that compare as far as watts or sq is concerned

yeah watts and sound quality..i was actually considering selling it because it is a basic amp as far as features go, no bass boost, or subsonic filter, just a low pass crossover that i cant really tell what its on...lol..it does have a bass knob option, but you cant get those anymore 4 that amp...

My stepdad has one of these on 3 P3's in a standard cab truck. It sounds **** good.

I bought it for him off of ebay and it was supposedly BNIB. It worked for a little while and then just quit. DB-R said it looked like someone did a terrible job repairing it at one point in time.

It has been fixed for a couple yrs now and it still works fine.

It's a cool amp dude, I wouldn't get rid of it if it was mine.

I regret getting rid of my 800a2...many amps now will push that power, but that RF will run forever if taken care of.. You can get an AP1501d for 160$ that is as strong as that fosgate is, but Id much rather have the RF

^^^true..i have yet to put mine at full potential, and the amp is in great shape, just didnt think there was anything out there affordable to replace mine, other than Audiopipe i guess...lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.