Old school (2003) kicker cvr 12

MyNameIsHere

CarAudio.com Regular
USA
Are these any good in a sealed dual enclosure for $100?

Link to specs: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-qp83qMY99Jt/p_2063C12VR2/Kicker-CompVR-CVR12-2.html

Put the pair in 3 cubes sealed and you should be happy.
Some dude is selling them in a sealed dual enclosure (box is sectioned off to each sub) for $100. They're 400 watts rms each. They look great and a little dirty. I was gonna go meet up and see how they perform.

Some dude is selling them in a sealed dual enclosure (box is sectioned off to each sub) for $100. They're 400 watts rms each. They look great and a little dirty. I was gonna go meet up and see how they perform.
I had the model before those. Same specs but different cosmetics. Did very well in 1.5 per sealed.
Make sure you know if they are dual 2 or 4 ohm to better match up with whatever amp you will be using.

I had the model before those. Same specs but different cosmetics. Did very well in 1.5 per sealed.
Make sure you know if they are dual 2 or 4 ohm to better match up with whatever amp you will be using.
They are dual 4. I still would have to get an amp. He was selling an amp called renegade by Rockford fosgate and its only 500 watts at 2 ohm. Those are 800 so I'd need something more powerful. Also i want to run it at 2 ohms so that my alternator isn't working too hard.

2 dual 4's can't run at 2ohms
1ohm or 4ohm
Its not about how hard your alt is working, more so when you 1000 watts or less.
It's about how efficient your amp is running
Run it at one ohm
The sundown audio SFB-1000 is $189.00
Soundqubed S1-850 will get the job done too $159.00
Pass on that renegade, Fosgate may own the company but its entry level at best

Please note that when I give prices it's to give a general idea of how much it costs
I have a couple "go to" places for looking up prices
Someone else may know where to get it cheaper
But don't treat me like I got a flower pot on my head just because you ran around the internet and found it for $10 cheaper
Sorry OP that's not directed at you

2 dual 4's can't run at 2ohms
1ohm or 4ohm
Its not about how hard your alt is working, more so when you 1000 watts or less.
It's about how efficient your amp is running
Run it at one ohm
The sundown audio SFB-1000 is $189.00
Soundqubed S1-850 will get the job done too $159.00
Pass on that renegade, Fosgate may own the company but its entry level at best

Please note that when I give prices it's to give a general idea of how much it costs
I have a couple "go to" places for looking up prices
Someone else may know where to get it cheaper
But don't treat me like I got a flower pot on my head just because you ran around the internet and found it for $10 cheaper
Sorry OP that's not directed at you
Thank you for your reply. Yeah, I thought it would be a good idea to not get that renegade amp and instead get these cheap reliable subs and then get a nice amp. Goes right beneath my budget.

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, I thought it would be a good idea to not get that renegade amp and instead get these cheap reliable subs and then get a nice amp. Goes right beneath my budget.

Now I need some help with the wiring process. I forgot to mention that each sub has its own final leads. So this is an example of what it looks like:

So should I get (2) 400 rms amps or something? Please help, thanks.

No
1 800-1000 watt amp
If you go with 2 you have to match the gain setting which is hard
I recommended a couple different amps in my first post
If you get a mono amp you just split the signal coming off the amp
Each lead at the box will be 2 ohms
Then combine them into one output at the amp and bob's your uncle 1ohm

No
1 800-1000 watt amp
If you go with 2 you have to match the gain setting which is hard
I recommended a couple different amps in my first post
If you get a mono amp you just split the signal coming off the amp
Each lead at the box will be 2 ohms
Then combine them into one output at the amp and bob's your uncle 1ohm

I think I understood this but I'm gonna ask just to make sure. I wire each sub individually to 2 ohm. I then take wires to the box terminals and connect both positive leads and negative leads to the amp. This will then give me a final load of 1 ohm, correct?

Last edited:
Ok, I just demoed them and they hit hard and deep, granted they were slightly overpowered, but they sounded great and you felt it deep in your chest.

They were in a sedan's trunk and my car is a hatchback, so they should sound better.

I think I'm gonna buy them tonight. They've been listed for a month, so they could be taken soon.

They are dual 4. I still would have to get an amp. He was selling an amp called renegade by Rockford fosgate and its only 500 watts at 2 ohm. Those are 800 so I'd need something more powerful. Also i want to run it at 2 ohms so that my alternator isn't working too hard.
Probably the Renegade RXA1000D, does not do rated. Its actually a 300-350 watt amplifier

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...