Ok...which is overall better

The one Magnum that was suggested would be killer for what you want, being that SQ is of a major concern. You obviously want the music to sound great along with being able to have a lot of force behind it.

hmm...so which is better for what I want then: 2 Magnums or 2 SEs?
Ok they were talking about 1 magnum or 2 SE's... you could not afford 2 magnums on your budget.. .they are 300 shipped apiece

However, I would still go for the 1 magnum... very versatile drivers, sound great, get loud.

so, two SE12s are the way to go? Can my amp (MTX 801D) push it to where it will go loud?
You can get an 81000d on etronics for $350. It will make any sub or pair of subs "go loud". It rocks the hell out of my car and i only have two XPL 15"s. I want to get an RE HC 12" to go with it so RE SE would be your best bet.

so, two SE12s are the way to go? Can my amp (MTX 801D) push it to where it will go loud?
What does that amp do? 800 RMS @2ohms? I don't think it can handle two SE's(they like ~600 a piece) plus all SEs are dual 4 ohm, so you couldn't wire them up to that amp and get the 800 watts anyways. i'd go with an amp that does at least 1000 at 1 or 4 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.