Ok...which is overall better

ChuteBoxe515
10+ year member

The Man
IN
Ok, I know that Polk Momo's are geared more towards SQ and Alpine Type R's are for SPL, but which is the overall better sub. I want SQ, but I also want it to slam. These are my two choices of subs that I can go to. Any suggestions? Also, anyone heard any problems with either sub? I have two Momo 12s and I blew them both within a month (thank God for warranties). I can trade them in for Alpine R's though and that is why I ask! Thanks alot!

Ok, I know that Polk Momo's are geared more towards SQ and Alpine Type R's are for SPL, but which is the overall better sub. I want SQ, but I also want it to slam. These are my two choices of subs that I can go to. Any suggestions? Also, anyone heard any problems with either sub? I have two Momo 12s and I blew them both within a month (thank God for warranties). I can trade them in for Alpine R's though and that is why I ask! Thanks alot!
\
I have actually had experience with the subs being the other way around.

I have heard 2 Polk MOMO's and a Rockford 1000bd and it was very loud but had crappy sound quality.

I have also heard 2 15" Type R's with a Soundstream Rubicon, it also got very loud but had better SQ than the MOMO's.

The choice is yours, but I would shoot for the Type R's.

Hmm...soory about that, I understood otherwise. Ok, how about this: Which is going to hit harder AND still sound good:

2 Polk Momo 12s with a MTX 801D pushing it, or 2 Alpine Type R's with a MTX 942 pushing it?

Any help will be apreciated!!

are you in a situation where it HAS to be either one of those? if so, i'd go with the type r's....but if u can look at other stuff there is plenty better at the same price or less. peace

NG

well, I could look into some other things...what subs are in that price range (of R's and Momo's) that are better...I am looking for killer SPL and decent SQ...

key question...is how much would u be spending on those? like are you getting them REALLY cheap or near retail? I mean...you could get one KICK ASS sub that'll perform better than 2 type r's. How much is ur budget? I'd look into those listed above along with...

http://www.stereintegrity.com the magnum d2...throw bout 1000 watts rms in a 2 cube ported box tuned to 30-35hz...it'll be killer

http://www.edesignaudio.com 2 12k's, or 2 12o's

http://www.reaudio.com 2 12 se's or 1 15 XXX

check em out...peace

NG

Hmm...soory about that, I understood otherwise. Ok, how about this: Which is going to hit harder AND still sound good:
2 Polk Momo 12s with a MTX 801D pushing it, or 2 Alpine Type R's with a MTX 942 pushing it?

Any help will be apreciated!!
Yo what ever u put that MTX 81000D on is going to slam. That is the truth.

Yes, the 8100d and 801d have the same guts, just different shell.
The 801d just uses the leftover metal pieces that were cut off for the design on the 8100d.
Uhh, no. The power ratings on the 81000d and 801d are completely different.

81000d does 1500+ watts @2ohms

801d does only 800 watts @2ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.