Ok maybe an idea for a design? Iunno im clueless

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lonnie
10+ year member

6'6 White Giant
boxmaybe.png

Well I am needing to come up with something sometime this week...so while playing COD and cussing at noob tubers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif I was like HEY THAT MIGHT WORK!!! So I quickly hid in some grass and drew it out...then continued to cuss at noob tubers. After the game and a quick "Screw you idiots go lick a wiener"...I left and drew it on paint. This is just an idea of what the inside of the box would look like, where the port is, and where the subs will be. There wont be as much space between the subs, and the inner port wall thingys will be like 3-4 inches from the side of the outter wall.

So yea here...would this possibly work? I know little to NOTHING about boxes. All I know is how the inside of a prefab 2 12" sub box looks...and how the inside of a custom made 18" box looks...4s are like wut? Never seen a box made for 4. But yea, never actually designed a box myself...only other 2 times ive owned subs is if it was already made. This time im starting from scratch and dropping 4 new 10" FI SSDs in the box and putting it in the trunk of a 2002 pontiac grand am...with each sub seeing 1-1.25 cubes each. The pic is just a quick rough idea. The subs will all be lined up and all the wood will be flush and even. I also know enough algebra and geometry to actually set up the measurements and figure out the final volume after displacement.

Btw...the dashed lines on the top box is a maybe thing. Actually represents a solid piece of wood.

I got 2 sheets of fresh 3/4 4x8 MDF in the storage building right now. Well as fresh as you can get from a wood store and let it set for 2 weeks after. I know what is needed to make a box and how to do it...but clueless about the design. So yea...feed back?

boxmaybe2.png

Like that?

Btw totally love playing on paint lol. Saves so much paper and erasing.

Also maybe instead of that little rectangle square thing on the first...just move the port further to the right?

So the big rectangle thingy on the front being the port...or the 2 small thingys being 2 ports? Also guessing the top might need some sort of bracing? If so where...

Also for sure thanks for helping me.

Totally wish I could do the subs on the front face...but I only got 33"-36" of width to work with thanks to the freaking wheel wells.

Are you for real?

Re look at his post. The top one is the view of the box if you were standing on it.

The second pic, is the back of the box if you were standing behind the vehicle. The port is the long thin rectangle.

Do you even know what size your box needs to be? Or what length to use for a port? Or even what size to make the port?

I know the max size it CAN be...but thats it lol. Haven't done the math on anything else just yet. Not actually building box until I got deadner...and ordering that Tuesday.

But yea...the long port at the bottom is kind of throwing me off. Never actually seen it done like that personally...but actually only seen a few boxes and did a little looking through some build logs. Tempted to pay someone to do a design...but bleh its a good learning experience. Just trying to avoid wasting a crap load of wood or screwing up $700ish in subs.

.....Just trying to avoid wasting a crap load of wood or screwing up $700ish in subs.
This right here is why you get someone here to design the box for you.

Give us your subs make and model, and your max box space dimensions.

Sure why not.

Width: 34"

Height: 16"

Depth: 26"...and thats with me still having room to cram 3 amps in between the box and the back. Absolute max is 30" with me having no room.

Subs are 4 10" FI SSDs with no options running 3k to em.

why not fill the whole space and make a plate to mount amps on top of wheel wells (maybe at an angle from top of box to wheel wells), and batteries in the back with port facing towards windshield?

Iunno but not a bad idea though. Was planning on having the port facing in the cabin regardless. Ok fine max depth is 29" lol. The batteries can easily sit in between the wheel wells and the rear of the car. That's where I got my current battery at. Have it tied in with a piece of wire.

But yea I will for sure pay for whoever to design a box if it means saving me some possible cash in the long run. Won't have any money till Tuesday though...even then not 100% sure what ill have left to be able to spend. Getting more cash Thursday...which is when the subs and a 2nd amp will be ordered.

while playing COD and cussing at noob tubers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif So I quickly hid in some grass and drew it out...then continued to cuss at noob tubers. After the game and a quick "Screw you idiots go lick a wiener"...I left
Whats you screen name so I can tube you lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.