Oh Nooooo, has my sub been wired up wrong all this time?

jeeper2269
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have an FI "Q" 12 in a sealed box and just pulled it out. The sub has a positive & negative terminal on one side, and a positive & negative terminal on the other side.

The wiring looks like it is a "series" style. Positive from the amp to positive on one side of sub. Then negative from the sub to positive terminal on the other side of the sub. Then negative from that side, to negative of the amp.

The amp is a JBL bp 1200.1

The amp has "+ - + -" from left to right. The positive on the left is wired to the sub and the negative on the right is wired to the negative on the sub. Middle two terminals on the amp are not used.

Second pic down shows the speaker terminals on the amp I have. That's someone else's amp. Just googled the image. And I can't figure out how to post a pic from my iPhone on this

I cannot remember what ohm the sub is. And it has no labels on it. I bought it direct from FI. Is there a way to figure out what ohm? Or will I have to call and see if FI still has my order specs from back then??

Thanks for the help guys

D1 wired in series = 2 ohm load to amp. D1 in parallel = .5 ohm load to amp. The dual terminals on that amp are electrically the same point. They are for easy of wiring . That way you would not need to double up wiring on terminals if you were running multiple subs or boxes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.