Oak Enclosure With Metal Aero Port

He has it now, and he lives like an hour away.He was looking for suggestions on smoothing the weld seams...and where the port and flanges meet, there's a slight dip that needs filled in.

Any suggestions?
If the welds are good and solid and there is no flex he can drill small wholes and use good bondo to fill it in and smooth it out, but that means he would need to paint it though.

The other option would be using body hammers to work it out, but that seems like a lot of work lol.

why am i the only person that does not understand why people use metal as a port... why do we use deadner? to mass load sheet metal to reduce audible noise and you used it as a port... looks great? HECK YEAH IT DOES LOOKS SICK! as far as would i use, hell no... nice woodworking good sir!

why am i the only person that does not understand why people use metal as a port... why do we use deadner? to mass load sheet metal to reduce audible noise and you used it as a port... looks great? HECK YEAH IT DOES LOOKS SICK! as far as would i use, hell no... nice woodworking good sir!

I couldn't hear any noises from the port...it is sprayed with truck bedliner on the outside of the port, and there's weather stripping behind the flange where it mounts to the box. It's a pretty solid port, not that I would do one personally.

He has it now, and he lives like an hour away.He was looking for suggestions on smoothing the weld seams...and where the port and flanges meet, there's a slight dip that needs filled in.

Any suggestions?
Tell him to use led, it will help add mass to the port as well and easy to shape.

I couldn't hear any noises from the port...it is sprayed with truck bedliner on the outside of the port, and there's weather stripping behind the flange where it mounts to the box. It's a pretty solid port, not that I would do one personally.
thats good but im just worried about it resonating on higher frequencies... im just a port noise nancy as i drive a truck with the port near my ear hah

Nice work as always Jay......you are my hero.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nice work as always Jay......you are my hero.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.