Nubee whith questions

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
Calif
Hey Everyone, I have a 96 gmc pickup -extra cab mostly my work truck and i drive alot so one day i decided to get a new cd player -old one had ben not fully functional for a long time, so i was at wally world and bought one and installed it ha ha then it was on after that long so far i added two sets of polk audio coax speakers got another hu JVC cdr840bt

then added Kicker 250.1 mono amp and one cvr 10" at 2ohms and then pulled out that amp and got 500.1 kicker amp then added Kicker 400.4 amp to run the other speakers instead of off the hu and now i got a kicker 1000.1 for the bass that i have not installed yet. My question is that i want more bass and i like tight bass of 10" subs so I am thinking of getting two kicker 10"wired to 2ohm load how much difference will i gain with going up 500 watts and adding another 10" sub will it be worth it ? or any better suggestions ? also i will be getting rid of the coax polks and going to component speakers any suggestions on those ?

Another 10" and more power will make a difference... I would build your own ported enclosure though no matter what subs you are considering... The enclosure is one of the most important & most overlooked components in any sub setup... I would get out there and try to hit up some shows or shops and listen to different speakers / components / subs in person as there are a lot of really good brands / models to choose from out there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I would but i work so much i dont really have time to learn everything to make my own and i cant take the back seat out any way so i will have to probably go with the premade box that goes under the back seat as i have one now for the single sub, it fires down and i see boxes that fire down and some fire out is one any better than the other for sound ?

In that case then I'd look into a JL Audio Stealth Box... I Think they make 1 or more different setups for your truck, any of which will put the kicker to shame... When it comes to constricted space and keeping stock functionality & appearance, while wanting descent output... You are going to have to pay considerably more for it if you can't build something on your own... If you are happy with what you have now, upgrade to the dual 10" version and be done with it... I'd have to say that with those kickers - Downfiring would sound the best, I've heard them forward and I was not impressed at all...

Ya do you like other subs better ? i just got those cuz i had them when i was younger and they were

ok then and never had any problems so i bought them same with amps . Not really partial to kicker

though it would seem so huh lol , It actually hits pretty hard but just want more lol this stuf is like crack once you start ha ha

Ya do you like other subs better ? i just got those cuz i had them when i was younger and they were ok then and never had any problems so i bought them same with amps . Not really partial to kicker

though it would seem so huh lol , It actually hits pretty hard but just want more lol this stuf is like crack once you start ha ha
I used to love kicker... I ran 4 of the oldschool round solo-baric 12's for years on kicker power back in the day... But they seem to have dropped off in quality a lot over the years as they've really gone mainstream to "big-box" stores and mass produce a sub par product for more profit margin... Almost every company does this anyhow if given the opportunity so I can't say I really blame them... They make a lot of money so they must be doing something right... The Solo-X was / is a beast, but that's NOT something you'd have ever seen in a big box store mass selling their products to the public, and it was / is NOT cheap, there are better subs to be had at that price point IMO... LOL Like I said, if you are fairly happy with what you have, I'd do the upgrade to 2 10's and more power like you were talking about, It will make a difference... But YES this shyt is like crack... I've been hooked since the 1st time I Ever heard a system as a kid & I still need my fix (twitch) LOL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Ya thats the thing i was into it when Kicker was a new company lol way back in the day ha ha in the 80s i had four Kicker 10s and two hcca orions runing them wth two 160 orions running the rest in a single cab chev truck and it was the **** now a 1000 watts is a good starter system lol and i knew better than to get back in the mix lol but man is it fun

Ya thats the thing i was into it when Kicker was a new company lol way back in the day ha ha in the 80s i had four Kicker 10s and two hcca orions runing them wth two 160 orions running the rest in a single cab chev truck and it was the **** now a 1000 watts is a good starter system lol and i knew better than to get back in the mix lol but man is it fun
LOL I think I just had a flash back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif I used to run the REAL Orion HCCA 15's back in the day too in my ext cab dakota r/t and those things slammed pretty hard for only 600 watt subs! - Super efficient... Yeah.... the game's changed a lot since those days, that's 4 sure lol... My wife h8s it, but there are far worse things I could be spending my spare time & money on & I just have to remind her of this once in awhile lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thats true bro you could be doing much worse things with your time and money . hey what do you think of digital designs

amps and subs ?

Thats true bro you could be doing much worse things with your time and money . hey what do you think of digital designs
amps and subs ?
They make very solid subs, amps, and speakers - Great quality, some of the stuff can be a little bit on the pricey side depending on the dealer, but most good equipment these days comes at a high cost anyhow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

"tight bass" doesn't matter on the sub size.
Go sealed.
sealed with a cvr in a truck under the seat? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif I love a good sealed setup, but I just don't think it works well in every application... Depends on the sub(s), vehicle, space, and power... You could very well end up losing some overall output if careful consideration of this is neglected...

So would i get louder tight bass steping up to 12" ? seems no one likes kicker any more lol got any suggestions on subs ? in that price range with the cvrs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.