Not impressed at all kicker

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
So i went back to my parents house the other weekend and decieded to pull a kicker SK80 bass station a friend had given to me out. Never actaully got the chance to jam it so i figured ide get bored and play with it.

Hooked it up 150rms @ 4ohm via RF P6002, and it sounds like a tiny dog.... Lol by that i mean it had little to no bark, deff no bite.....

I thought when kicker was all USA there products were bangin? This is not the case, is it the stillwater box or just a baby 8?? Its Fq range isnt bad but anything below 40Hz sounds hollow

View attachment 26528298View attachment 26528299View attachment 26528300View attachment 26528301

lol it was just sitting in my garage so i figured what the hell, why not bring it home. Would it do better in a diff box or is it not even worth the effort lol

In the car i was actaully holding my hand over the port and thinking.... this sounds better hahahahha i may open it up and screw a back plate to the port hole... need to see what kind of space these 8's like sealed though. Any suggestions? If i need to reduce space ill prob just glue some wood in there or sum crap haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.