Not impressed at all kicker

So so happy to see a Solo X owner actually admit that!! lol
We had a guy here with 2 18 Xs, with the perfect wall built. It was loud as hell, on a 5 hz range. Everything else fell off and sounded like trash. The 10s and 12s (I have had both) have been way more musical than the 18 X or the L7/L5 squares. Do they sound as pretty as a round sub done properly? Most likely not. Do they get loud on nothing? Yup.

in 5 cubes I'd hope they get pretty loud on 1kw ea! the silver coned ones were supposedly louder than the black cones too - i've had dual 1's of each version and did not get a chance to test one vs the other

The 10s and 12s (I have had both) have been way more musical than the 18 X or the L7/L5 squares. Do they sound as pretty as a round sub done properly? Most likely not. Do they get loud on nothing? Yup.
agreed

although when i had my solo 18 installed i was in Lubbock,TX doing some shopping and came across a low level car audio shop that had a blazer out front doing a demo the same year as mine at the time with a clamshell wall with 4 CVR 15"s off of 1500 watts that absolutely DEVASTATED my single solo 18 in 6.5cf with 5000 watts........was kinda disheartening lol.....way more displacement and box size for sure, but was probably like a 500 to 600 (if that) install when mine way cost over $2000 lol.....remember the MSRP of the solo X 18 when they redesigned them? gaaaawd ****....lol

I was saying im wasnt impressed with kickers substation. Wasnt really speaking about all there subs. I had a L5 and a cvr, L5 was ok, liked my MTX's better then the cvr

I was saying im wasnt impressed with kickers substation. Wasnt really speaking about all there subs. I had a L5 and a cvr, L5 was ok, liked my MTX's better then the cvr
yea we know lol....easy to get off track...... just some more rambling back n forth about good ole' kicker haha

hey hey hey now.....lol....naw didnt say i disliked kicker....quite contrary......was just amused at the 'wording' of that 'kickers the best' post thats all
my last setup was actually a 15" Solo X in 6.5cf....was highly impressed.....but not impressed with the amount of power it took to do the same a Fi BTL 18" N3 is doing

Lmfao pics of said 15" solo x.

in 5 cubes I'd hope they get pretty loud on 1kw ea! the silver coned ones were supposedly louder than the black cones too - i've had dual 1's of each version and did not get a chance to test one vs the other
Silver cones were louder on the mic than the black. I think the black are much stiffer and more musical, however. For daily, I've enjoyed the black more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.