Not happy with new system, need help

oh man, you sealed a type x in a 1 cf enclosure? Not good man, that sub needs at least 2 cubes. Also, turn your head unit lows up.
i went with alpine specs and everyone here recommended that i seal a type x. so i went with there recomendations.

either way 1k watts should be noticeable. your saying it seriously sounds like no sub at all?
i'll take a video tomorrow. when trunk closed and music all the way up you wouldn't know theres a sub in the trunk. you can see the sub moving but not loud.

i'll take a video tomorrow. when trunk closed and music all the way up you wouldn't know theres a sub in the trunk. you can see the sub moving but not loud.
what is the Input Gain set on on your Alpine amp?

thats about the same setup as mine. I dont'' have a SUV though but If i were to put my phone on the trunk lid it wouldn't move at all. will do it tomorrow and show you. i'm so pissed right now. i couldn't waitttt for this day and it just fcuked my night up.

thats about the same setup as mine. I dont'' have a SUV though but If i were to put my phone on the trunk lid it wouldn't move at all. will do it tomorrow and show you. i'm so pissed right now. i couldn't waitttt for this day and it just fcuked my night up.
just tell me all the settings on the head unit and the amp, and it might be real easy to fix. And sealed is the best box for a type x.

dont sweat it man,maybe we all can get it worked out for ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This is my setup. I took this pic last night.

this is the piece that my cousin removed. with this plugged in the second slot the sub wouldn't come on at all.

Here's what you do..

1. Alpine decks are notorious for not giving pre out voltage unless the SUB gain on the deck is at 15 (full) and im not talking about LOW.

2. You need a Digital Multimeter, Unhook the wires that go to the box from the box the - and + and test them using the multimeter, just wrap the wire around each point and turn it on V~ 200, im assuming the sub is wired 4 ohm. You should be looking for a voltage of around ~ 60v from the amp into those speaker wires.

3. If you are not getting 60v then turn the gain up slowly with the DMM attached until you get that..

4. If your sub is set at 2 ohm then you want around 42v.

Leave all LOW and bass boost to 0.

You will hear lots of BOOM.

Also make sure the LPF is set to between 80 and 100.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.