Not happy with new system, need help

MarkyMark
10+ year member

Michigan
Hello,

i'm new to car audio and this was my first build. I just got my equipment installed today by my cousin. Here's what I have.

Head unit: Alpine IVA-D106

Sub: 1 12" Alpine type X in sealed 1 cube box

Sub Amp: Alpine PDX-1.1000

I thought this was going to be enough for me and make me happy. But after getting it installed it isn't loud at all! You can't even notice there's a sub in the trunk! Some info, my cousin filled the box with polly fill, it's like cotton he said it makes it louder. He also said that because I went with sealed it's not as loud as ported. He said if I upgraded to a ported box it would be louder. But I'm not sure. I don't know if this is really how loud it gets or if he didnt install right or set settings right or something. This can't be! i'm so mad i thought I would have a little knock, bump, boom, bang whatever you wanna call it in the trunk. But nothing, you can't hear it. if you were to pull up next to me at a redlight you wouldn't know i had a sub in the trunk. did I expect too much out of my setup or something is wrong here? should I upgrade to ported? please help me.

lol, play around with your head unit settings.

Turn up the bass and ****, if that doesnt work, send me pics of the knobs on your amp and i could help you out with that.

i believe that sub is made for a ported box. that means it would do very poor in a sealed box. you will notice a very big differance with a ported box. settings could be low. read up on gain settings with a DMM and do it yourself. a lot of people say they know how to do everything but... they dont.

lol, play around with your head unit settings.Turn up the bass and ****, if that doesnt work, send me pics of the knobs on your amp and i could help you out with that.
dont just turn up the bass. itll distort all your speakers. do everything at the amp. you shouldnt need to touch the bass setting at all.

Hello,
i'm new to car audio and this was my first build. I just got my equipment installed today by my cousin. Here's what I have.

Head unit: Alpine IVA-D106

Sub: 1 12" Alpine type X in sealed 1 cube box

Sub Amp: Alpine PDX-1.1000

I thought this was going to be enough for me and make me happy. But after getting it installed it isn't loud at all! You can't even notice there's a sub in the trunk! Some info, my cousin filled the box with polly fill, it's like cotton he said it makes it louder. He also said that because I went with sealed it's not as loud as ported. He said if I upgraded to a ported box it would be louder. But I'm not sure. I don't know if this is really how loud it gets or if he didnt install right or set settings right or something. This can't be! i'm so mad i thought I would have a little knock, bump, boom, bang whatever you wanna call it in the trunk. But nothing, you can't hear it. if you were to pull up next to me at a redlight you wouldn't know i had a sub in the trunk. did I expect too much out of my setup or something is wrong here? should I upgrade to ported? please help me.

didnt twister make your box for you?

go on youtube and type in alpine type-x and you will see what that sub does in a 2.3-2.4 cubes ported.and get a line driver to bring ur hu's pre out voltage to 4 volts

I don't even know how he set them, i'm gonna take a look tomorrow and post the settings. I'll also take a video.

I'm from sterling heights.

he was having a problem though installing. i'll try my best to explain it. when we connected the sub to the amp it wouldnt work. he was stuck for like two hours trying to figure out what could be wrong. then he took this little thing out of the side of the sub. it's metal. there's three possible slots it can go in. it was in the middle slot. after he took it out it worked. i was happy it worked but wasn't impressed with the output.

What is the Input Gain Selector Switch set on? Because I know with the 1.600 I had I had to set it on 0.1V-1.0V instead of 1.0V-8.0V and I have a Kenwood 812 as my HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.