Noob Questions, Kicker L7 15" Subwoofer + Amp and more

They dont need it, they rather put that money into actual quality heat sinks and components and board. Its just a badge for noobs and average joes basically. When you've been in the competition game long enough, you'll see what wins trophies and what doesn't. What clamps high clean, what sounds clean, whats good whats mediocre. You need to hit up some local competitions and you'll see a whole new world out there.
I have looked and looked, car audio culture in the saint louis area, is terrible. HUGE GAP.

Get a synergy audio wfo 15.1

Get a box made by cscstang. They are worth it.

Get a decent headunit. I like pioneer.

Upgrade wiring to 1/0 and get a good battery. Get a h.o. Alternator if you can swing it.

First of all, thank you all so much for taking the time to post. I went out and found out as much information as I could about the Car and current setup.
Head Unit: JVC KD-A605

http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/00/01/15/GET0580-001A.pdf

Subwoofer: Kicker 15" Solo-Baric 2 Ohm L7 in some type of box. Box measures 21" length x 17" width x 16" height

KICKER | Solo-Baric L7 15" 2Ω

Amplifier: Hifonics HFI 1000.1D

Hifonics HFi1000.1D (HFi 1000D) Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier

Car Speakers:

Front Left and Rear Right are 6 3/4" stock speakers (wasn't able to find more about those) (8 ohm)

Front Right and Rear Left are 6 1/2" Kenwood KFC-1665S speakers (4 ohm)

Kenwood KFC-1665S Sport Series 6-1/2" 2-way speakers at Crutchfield.com

The Chevy 1999 has a stock 100 amp alternator and 525 amp battery with run down protection

I've attached some pictures of everything.

She told me she is willing to spend $1000, and that the vehicle is already plenty loud, but it sounds like crap in terms of actual sound quality, compared to my 2 12"s and her friend's 2 10"s. Lots of distortion, lyrics aren't very clear, etc.

She wants more of the crisp bass and probably better speakers I'm assuming.

Thanks a ton for all your continuing help everyone!

Head Unit

Subwoofer sitting in vehicle

Subwoofer Length

Subwoofer Height

Subwoofer Width

Right Rear Door

Right Front Door
Some people have already posted, but you'll need a bigger box, tuned low, maybe 28-32 hz, im not sure of the Fs of the L7s. And it looks like you said, she has stock speakers in front, and rear right, with after market in the opposing sides. That's totallywrong, no wonder the sq is off. And are you running the speakers to the headunit? or do you have an amp? That head unit is barely touching those speakers, with its 10-20w rms internal amp.

That kicker will get LOUD in a proper box with proper, clean wattage and a head unit/dsp to curve your EQ. Just will be **** for sound quality.

I would invest in a agm battery, alternator might be OKAY for your set up, but Big 3 would be helpful. It's extremely easy shouldn't take more than an hour unless your cars hood compartment is crowded like a MUG. 1/0 for big 3 upgrade, 0g for your amp wires, or stay at 1/0 with your amp.

$1k is plenty, well maybe not plenty, but enough for what she's looking for. However, that's for the equipment. Not for labor, unless you can install it yourself.

Alright, so I actually went driving around with her yesterday and listened to everything for the first time.

The setup is extremely loud and sounds like trash. I went and inspected the speakers, and the two stock ones are completely blown lol.

So the first step she's taking is getting all 4 door speakers replaced and putting in a 4 channel amp. We're now looking for recommendations into what type of speakers and amp to get.

The speakers need to be size 6 3/4" on all 4 doors.

Thanks again everyone for all the continuing help.

Alright, so I actually went driving around with her yesterday and listened to everything for the first time.
The setup is extremely loud and sounds like trash. I went and inspected the speakers, and the two stock ones are completely blown lol.

So the first step she's taking is getting all 4 door speakers replaced and putting in a 4 channel amp. We're now looking for recommendations into what type of speakers and amp to get.

The speakers need to be size 6 3/4" on all 4 doors.

Thanks again everyone for all the continuing help.
Sound deaden your doors, completely. No holes showing through. One-two layers outta do it. As far as equipment for the door speakers and amp -

Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" component speaker system — also fit 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield.com is a good start, a bit pricey, but for a set of good comps you'll be looking at close to that.

I honestly don't have enough expertise to reccomend equipement, someone else should help with that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.