Complete Noob Needs Help

I would get a different battery then Optima if it was me. Those batteries haven't been the same since they were sold all those many years ago. Only 4-5 battery companies in the world these days. You might be surprised at what companies make the batteries you see on the shelves. A Tractor Supply battery AGM or Diehard AGM, XS Power or an Odyssey battery I would go with over Optima all day long. I put a Tractor Supply AGM 65 series in mine and it has 69AH in it cost me a whopping 150 dollars on clearance as it was 3 months old and they for some reason clear them out after that.
I will take that advice when the current battery dies. Not something I would do preemptively. I know people bag on Optima a lot since they moved their production to Mexico, but I have actually had good luck with them. No loyalty from me. I am looking forward to lithium being more affordable.

You could use an extension cord, string, rope, christmas lights, shave off and tie your pubes together. There are all sort of things you can use to figure out the length of your RCA cables. You can figure that out, because it won't be exact, and an extra foot or two is usually best for pulling the head unit and installing. You're not going to get exact. No need to add another week to down time for that.

Speaker wire is cheap. I would buy a 50ft roll and call it a day. I also wouldn't buy two different sizes, 12awg and 14awg. Just get 12, and save yourself the hassle, and probably a little money, as opposed to having two sizes of leftover scrap wire. You either have one size, or you have one long enough for a run.

You could use an extension cord, string, rope, christmas lights, shave off and tie your pubes together. There are all sort of things you can use to figure out the length of your RCA cables. You can figure that out, because it won't be exact, and an extra foot or two is usually best for pulling the head unit and installing. You're not going to get exact. No need to add another week to down time for that.

Speaker wire is cheap. I would buy a 50ft roll and call it a day. I also wouldn't buy two different sizes, 12awg and 14awg. Just get 12, and save yourself the hassle, and probably a little money, as opposed to having two sizes of leftover scrap wire. You either have one size, or you have one long enough for a run.
I get it. I didn’t detail everything about the Jeep at the beginning. At the moment the body is off the frame and the electrical is being run. I am not sure where the amp is going to live. Options are under drivers seat, under passenger seat, or on firewall. Firewall would be good to minimize cable runs but there is a non-standard evaporator under there so space is limited. I need to get a bit further in the build to figure out if I need 1 ft rca’s or 12 ft. Speaker wire size is just based on what came with the speakers vs what I already had. I’m not over thinking AWG, just matching and making sure I have enough of what I need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...