Newly Noob Intro and Setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tynan9180

CarAudio.com Newbie
Tulsa
Hello, I new to the forum and fairly new to car audio. Here to learn and understand setup selection and installation.

Going to currently work on what setup I have as of now and build up as time goes.

Currently I have :

Vehicle : 1984 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Front speakers : 3.5 Cerwin Vega H735/2-Way/4ohm/30W RMS each

Rear speakers : 4x10 Cerwin Vega H7410/2-Way/4ohm/50w RMS each.

Amp : Cerwin Vega CVP1200.4D/1200w/4 Channel/2-Ohm Stereo, 4-Ohm Bridged Full Range/75Wx4@2Ω RMS; 55Wx4@4Ω RMS

I also have a pair of Cerwin Vega H7694 6x9's that I want to add to this setup...4-way/ 4ohm/75w RMS each.

I want to stick with the Cerwin Vega brand for my entire sound system.

Hello, I new to the forum and fairly new to car audio. Here to learn and understand setup selection and installation.

Going to currently work on what setup I have as of now and build up as time goes.

Currently I have :

Vehicle : 1984 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Front speakers : 3.5 Cerwin Vega H735/2-Way/4ohm/30W RMS each

Rear speakers : 4x10 Cerwin Vega H7410/2-Way/4ohm/50w RMS each.

Amp : Cerwin Vega CVP1200.4D/1200w/4 Channel/2-Ohm Stereo, 4-Ohm Bridged Full Range/75Wx4@2Ω RMS; 55Wx4@4Ω RMS

I also have a pair of Cerwin Vega H7694 6x9's that I want to add to this setup...4-way/ 4ohm/75w RMS each.

How does it sound?

Welcome.
Based on this:

Then I have to ask, why this, and how set on it are you?
Do you want it to sound good, or are you trying to create a time capsule? You are just limiting yourself to probably .02% of available options, and I doubt you will find a great way to do this. I'm sure you can piece together a system this way, but it's literally like having a 5 gallon bucket of quarters, and saying you want a soda out of the vending machine; but you can only use quarters from Iowa minted in 2009.
Any chance we can talk you out of this requirement? Or can I at least ask why?

If I was set on using what you have:

I would get a head unit that will play 40-50w RMS x 4. Use that for your 3.5s and 4 x 10s, or get a small 4ch amp. If you have nicer head unit with nav, or a newer head unit then just get a cheap amp. If you were questioning your head unit, or it's old and missing some features, then upgrade that, and solve this.

Those 6x9s you want to add, are 65w RMS and 440W Max. There's a lot of room in there to add more to those 6x9s then what you have. You can dial down an amp, but I would bridge your amp to 160w x 2, and play it up to that or dial it down a little if you don't feel comfortable and use that for those two. You can go over the 65w, it's just diminishing return. You can put that 160w or even more into em, it's just after 65w, you are putting more and more power into em, and getting less more out of em. You have the room, there's no reason to be worried. You need to learn about amp draw and that's really the only downside of running em higher.

After that, you get subs and an amp combo if thats what you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...