Noob needing help on subwoofer choice

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdowell

I have an Alpine amp MRP-M500, and I had a 12" Rockford Fosgate P1S2-12 subwoofer until I blew it the other day. I would like to replace it with another 12" Rockford sub, and I found the same one on Amazon for a fairly cheaper price, but I have the option of getting it in a 2 Ohm or a 4 Ohm. Now I was hoping someone could help me out here and point me in the right direction on what to buy. Maybe search the amp and view the specs to tell me what to buy. I have it in a sealed box by the way. Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

If I was set on using what you have: I would get a head unit that will play 40-50w RMS x 4. Use that for your 3.5s and 4 x 10s, or get a small...
I guess I asked for that when I declared myself a noob. I mean the interior side of the firewall which is heat shielded with Lizard Skin.
Almost all brands operate the same way. Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood. The technology is based on what sounds it can produce. Basically all brands...
The link is from JL audio. It’s a how to set amp levels. The process of setting levels is the same for whatever amp.

About this thread

jdowell

jdowell
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef