It's been a while, and I'm diving back into car audio again.

Participant count
  • Participant list

NavyLarz

I used to be big into car audio 15 years ago and got bored about 10 years ago.

I have acquired some gear over the years and will now use it.

Vehicle: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Head: Some decent kenwood, (2) 2v preouts, Front/Rear or Front/Sub, Aux in (iPhone & Spotify)

Amps: Rockford Power 500.2 Ti

Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 with 18V balanced transmitter

Sub: RE Audio SX12

Components: Need to source, likely will jump on some Boston Acoustics, MB Quart or RE Audio (will snag a good value off ebay)

Power: 2ga welding wire (handles 5000 watts well) for power distribution, it's black

BatCap300 or a 5 farad cap (need to source)

Stock Alternator and a good battery (best that Napa had on hand) for now.

I'm planning on the subbox now. I'll link what I'll likely use. It will be 3/4" MDF with a steel powdercoated lower frame to securing to the vehicle.

The ZPA will power the front and rear speakers only receiving the front signal. 2ohm stereo load should be interesting.

The Rockford will power the RE sub.

This is not a show build, but should turn out nice.

Comments?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.