Noob building a small car setup

According to the manual, yes. It has an on/off dimmer setting. Your installer should have connected illumination wire by default. If he did, then just activate dimmer in your radio settings and test it.

I meant specifically can the original dimmer knob for the car still be used to dim the radio. As of now the dimmer knob works for everything as it did except for the radio.

I meant specifically can the original dimmer knob for the car still be used to dim the radio. As of now the dimmer knob works for everything as it did except for the radio.
Yes, I meant that as well. If the original radio dimmed along with the cluster panel, then there is a dimmer wire that goes to the radio. If installer connected it to your radio, then all you have to do is turn it on in the radio settings to make it work with the car's dimmer switch.

Thanks y’all I’m back. I feel like Im not getting very good reception because of my original 1989 antenna that doesn’t extend or retract anymore. On amazon from YouTube I found the brand Jensen has an antenna that looks like can cover the existing holes for the antenna. I would have to use an antenna extension cord. What do y’all think.

I ordered the Jensen antenna. Can y’all please refer me a walk through for setting up a custom eq setting. I was thinking that it should be set to whatever the speaker specs are. I was also thinking I don’t know anything too.

So setting up a eq is indvidual by car and setup. Find a song you know by heart and adjust it from there. You can also download apps that will help or go to a car audio place and have them adjust it.

Update on what has happened to my build. So idk if the antenna plug came out but the reception ***** again. I barley notice because I usually use the Bluetooth. As for the Pyle plg 64 it was cool it definitely cool enough for me. Hahaha anyway it blew out I forgot that the head units bass boost button was on for a few daysand it blew. I had it on the vivid audio setting. Idk

I just ordered two of these lmao 🤣 I’ll get an amp too

Attachments

• 64803DE6-BC0A-4668-B260-CB82DC3DEBAE.png
    64803DE6-BC0A-4668-B260-CB82DC3DEBAE.png
    66 KB · Views: 192
I don’t know if I should have ordered two. Maybe two is too many. I was thinking immediately after what about another mid bass with that new sub. Then I found these and kinda hard to find I guess are these Orion XPM654MBF AND Orion HCCA64N. What do y’all think should I send back one sub and get one of those hcca64n’s because those xpm’s are kind of hard to find.

I'll be honest I ran one 12 inch on my civic with a 200 watt Rockford amp and it shakes the car at full. In doors and rear I have 4 audiopipe mids with 2 taramps . My civic can be heard over a block away with all of that so I doubt you will need two subs. Unless you want all bass and nothing else.

I don’t know if I should have ordered two. Maybe two is too many. I was thinking immediately after what about another mid bass with that new sub. Then I found these and kinda hard to find I guess are these Orion XPM654MBF AND Orion HCCA64N. What do y’all think should I send back one sub and get one of those hcca64n’s because those xpm’s are kind of hard to find.

Have reasonable expectations out of a 6.5" running sub duty. Apart from doing something different, why not just get a larger sub? Civic has a fairly big trunk for a small car. I'd only consider smaller than 8" subs for like single cab pickup, 2 seat sports car and similar where your entire cargo area is no bigger than a breadbox.

I don’t know if I should have ordered two. Maybe two is too many. I was thinking immediately after what about another mid bass with that new sub. Then I found these and kinda hard to find I guess are these Orion XPM654MBF AND Orion HCCA64N

Yea expectations will be met. Like I said the 6.5 Pyle mid bass that I blew out was enough I thought. I just bought a better one assuming it will last longer. Then I bought two because I don’t know. I’m still curious if I should send one back and get another mid bass. So in doing so I would then* have a pair of thee way speakers in the front doors and a 6.5 sub and a 6.5 mid bass in the back. Y’alls thoughts ????

Yea expectations will be met. Like I said the 6.5 Pyle mid bass that I blew out was enough I thought. I just bought a better one assuming it will last longer. Then I bought two because I don’t know. I’m still curious if I should send one back and get another mid bass. So in doing so I would then* have a pair of thee way speakers in the front doors and a 6.5 sub and a 6.5 mid bass in the back. Y’alls thoughts ????
If you need to go higher than 80hz on your sub you're doing something wrong up front.

Yea I did something wrong. I’m not sure exactly what the bass boost button does but I didn’t notice at all and I was playing them loud. It was a big improvement. Overall it balanced things out. In the front the volume level where it starts to distort was higher. I was able to turn it up louder. As of now I have the fade to the front. So that it doesn’t play sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.