Noob building a small car setup

Yea I did something wrong. I’m not sure exactly what the bass boost button does but I didn’t notice at all and I was playing them loud. It was a big improvement. Overall it balanced things out. In the front the volume level where it starts to distort was higher. I was able to turn it up louder. As of now I have the fade to the front. So that it doesn’t play sound.
Well conventional wisdom is that you really want everything sounding like it's coming from in front of you and the higher frequencies you play the more directional they are. Consider upgrading your fronts or improving the mounting locations if you need more mid-bass, not trying to add more drivers and play higher frequencies in the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

If I was set on using what you have: I would get a head unit that will play 40-50w RMS x 4. Use that for your 3.5s and 4 x 10s, or get a small...
I guess I asked for that when I declared myself a noob. I mean the interior side of the firewall which is heat shielded with Lizard Skin.
Almost all brands operate the same way. Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood. The technology is based on what sounds it can produce. Basically all brands...
The link is from JL audio. It’s a how to set amp levels. The process of setting levels is the same for whatever amp.
Thanks! It may never have made it to U.S. retail. Actually, I highly doubt it! They have diversified their product line now as can be seen on...

About this thread

Idknething

CarAudio.com Newbie
Idknething
La Puente
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from