Noob and I need some help

New headunit, ide say go alpine, kenwood, or jvc for a new one. Or you can check the for sale thread here for some nice used ones

amp, wiring kit, sub, and box. Do a good bit of reading and research before buying anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif welcome to the forms

Thanks for the response!

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

I want to spend no more than $350. I just want some solid base, no overkill. As you probably know, this car is tiny.

That isn't much to start with. Maybe a new deck first and maybe even a sub and box. Then save up for wires and amp. I would start with $500 at least

Kenwood KDC-HD552U not a bad unit for 150. 3 sets of 4v preamp outputs. SSA Dcon 10 sub is about 120. Di475.1 - Soundstream 475w @2ohms is 150. Should leave some money for amp kit and sub box. Not a great system but not bad for the budget.

Your cheapest route (with subwoofers, at least) will either be 2 8s, or 1 12. (even 1 10 if you do it correctly)..

Do a lot of research before buying anything, as stated above. Some head units are not suited for some amplifiers, amplifiers and subwoofers, etc.

And if you have any questions, make sure to ask the guys here at CA.com. Great help standing behind you here.

you'll have a good start for that price,

idd suggest second/hand if you must have a complete package for that price

if not (prices from sonic)

head unit

pioneer DEH-P7400HD $150

front surround

Polk audio db6501 6.5" $130

front surround amp

MB Quart FX2.60 $70

wiring kit

4 gauge wiring kit $19-30 depending on brand

$369-380

then when you have some more cash

12" sub

JL 12W0v2-4 $100

Sub amp

MB Quart FX2.60 $70

$540 all up

yes there are cheaper setup, some better/some worse

just were idd start

pioneer headunit, probably like a 3200ub or something around that range $60, look at used headunits and you will stay in bugdet, i like pioneers because of the ipod interface and they are decent for the price.

sub - 12 in dcon in a ported box, will get loud and has great sq- $150 including ship

box- learn to build it yourself, you will stay in budget and learn a great skill $45

Wire - KCA Complete 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit $26, good wires and you can use them later when you start upgrading

Amp - hmm thats tricky, you will want something with around 400 rms or more at 2ohms, look at a memphis 1000d, or if you dont care, im going to get **** for this, but an audiopipe 1000d would probably be your cheapest route with this setup, not the best amp out there, but will do the job for ya. around $100

if you can do it right your looking at like $350 for everything, but if you can get some deals and look around you can cut some costs with the box and amp. good luck. o the dcon is an amazing sub, i own it, it will handle more than twice its rated power and sounds great on it, they are made really well, and in the usa, so it will be a quality product!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.